[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon thinks he must be dreaming. He is in a place of twilight, floating in the vast nothingness -- no, flying; there are wings behind him that move slowly and creates ripples in the mistlike greyness around.

There is the voice of his angelic guide, Zabobiel, but it is distant and the words are indiscernible. Is he urging Pelegon on? But where to?

As he moves through the twilight, the mist seems to grow lighter ahead of him, and the voice of Zabobiel grows louder.

But then -- is that the voice of his wife?

He stops abruptly, looking around, as the nothingness around grows darker once more.

Back in the real world, an awful cough comes from the prone body of Brother Pelegon, and a bit of blood flows from his open mouth like dark drool...

OOC: Failed my next death save.

Brother Pelegon death save two: 1D20 = [3] = 3

Death save successes: 1/3
Death save failures: 1/3

Brother P continues to breathe the muddy dirt below him
Swithun shouts and then stabs L2.
Everett shouts, "Water, some fool unleashed water. It'll be here soon." He then casts a spell dropping two blobs of acid on L4 and L6. They both fail their saves, L6 drops to the ground. L4 winces in pain.
2#1d20+2 11 9 2#1d6 1 4
Surina fails to hit the remaining lizardfolk (L4)
Perin says, "Got it." And rides his wolf up the slope and threw a narrow gap in the fence. He reaches the first building and unlocks the door. "We've got to get out of here fast, ladies," he says as the women start to flow out of the building. "Head for the elf on hilltop over there," he adds, pointing toward Everett.
Drake unleashes another gout of dragon's fire at L2 & L3. L2 takes the brunt of the damage.
dragon's fire save DC13: 2#1d20+2 9 14

L2 attacks Swithun missing with both his bite and scimitar.
L3 attacks Swithun missing with his bite but connecting with his scimitar for 4 damage.
L4 attacks Drake missing with his bite but cutting Drake down with his scimitar for 9 damage. (you only had 8 hp left, right?)
6#1d20+4: 6 # 6 [1d20=2] 11 [1d20=7] 6 [1d20=2] 23 [1d20=19] 13 [1d20=9] 16 [1d20=12]
3#1d6+2: 3 # 6 [1d6=4] 6 [1d6=4] 6 [1d6=4]
3#1d8+2: 3 # 10 [1d8=8] 4 [1d8=2] 9 [1d8=7]

Half the women leaving the hut head toward the fence. The other half head the other way shouting, "The babies" or "The children". A few head for the men's hut and manage to open the door. The men are slower to exit but they also head in various directions. The fence near the battle is partially destroyed in seconds.

L2 hp 12/30
L3 hp 10/30
L4 hp 9/30
L6 hp dead

Bro P 0 hp 1/3, 1/3 death saves
Swithun 21/35
Everett undamaged
Surina 11/38
Perin undamaged
Drake 0 hp 0/3 0/3 death saves

Everyone can hear the sound of water crashing in the approaching distance.

Swamp Prison.png

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Trying not to look at her own bleeding wounds, Surina takes a deep breath, offers up a prayer, and attacks again with her longsword. It is a glancing blow, but bright light sears the lizardfolk as the sword strike. Calling out to Swithun she say "You are faster than I: help them with their children."

OOC:
Surina attack with longsword-1 handed plus Divine smite if hit: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
1D8+3+2D8 = [1]+3+[2, 1] = 7

Sigh. I think coyote code hates me. Even when I hit, my damage rolls are terrible.

AC: 18; HP: 6/28; spells 2/3 LH 15/15 CD 1/1
NOTE: by my count she is down to 6 HP
I keep forgetting about protection fighting style. If any of the lizardfolk take a swipe at Drake, Surina will use her reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack.

Question: What's the best way to handle reactions in the play-by-post format?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I agree. Children must be protected!" Swithun yelled and galloped off toward them.

OOC: If it is okay with you, JM, Swithun will move right away this round, even if he provokes opportunity attacks.

Q: What's the best way to handle reactions in the play-by-post format?

I find it best if you post at the end of your turn what your trigger is and what happens if the trigger does, and then at the beginning of your next turn, if the GM forgot it, remind them. Definitely don't expect them to remember it. The end-of-post will help you remember to look for your trigger too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases