[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: I will remind the group that the party receives several potions of healing over the course of the game. With players disappearing, I'm not sure where they ended up but we can assume some of these potions are still with the remaining characters.

Brother P continues to bleed.
Swithun stabs out at L2 then moves toward the villagers.
Everett shouts, "Wait! The waters are coming. Stay on the hill until they subside. Pelegon and Drake are both down and need help!" He then casts a spell dropping two blobs of acid on L2 and L3. They both save.
acid splash save DC 13 and damage: 2#1d20+2 18 22 2#1d6 1 5
Surina fails hits the remaining lizardfolk (L4), nearly killing him.
Perin rides back down into the valley and adminsters a potion of healing to Brother Pelegon.
Healing potion: 2d4+2 9
Drake remains unconscious (and owes us a death save).

L2 runs toward Everett.
L3 runs toward Everett.
L4 disengages and runs to the l

He is pelted with rocks by the villages, to no effect. The villagers mostly stay put but some rush down the hillside hoping to make the opposite shore quickly. Some shout, "The water is here." "Watch out." "You'll be swept away." "Stay back." The water crashes into the hillside creating white breaks. Eddying water starts to flow around the hillside.
eft.

L2 hp 6/30
L3 hp 10/30
L4 hp 2/30

Bro P 9 hp
Swithun 21/35
Everett undamaged
Surina 11/38
Perin undamaged
Drake 0 hp 0/3 0/3 death saves (owes us one death save for round 5 and another for upcoming round 6)

The swiftly moving water coming from the top-right of the map is 8-10 feet deep in that area, though the leading edge is obviously not as deep.
Perception check to figure out how fast the water is moving.
Maybe 80 feet per round
Faster in narrower places, like the corner near DD33.

Also of note: There are more villagers than is indicated by the blue and pink dots. Some of the children have been freed. There were some women in the child huts taking care of the kids. Some of the villagers seem healthy enough but others do not, especially the adults found in the smaller huts.

Swamp Prison.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yikes! Does it look like the water will wash out the entire encampment, or is it going to go around it like a moat? (I'm trying to figure out if I should lead an exodus or get Drake out of the moat.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun stood above the crowd. In sudden realisation, he rushed back into the moat, yelling, "Get out of the depression! The water is coming! Everyone out!"

He galloped over to the fallen form of Drake and scooped him up, turning to go back to the camp. He saw a man beginning to make a run from the slave encampment and he called to him, "No! Stay where you are! We will flee when the water settles!"

OOC: How far Swithun makes it depends on a few rulings: Is it difficult to get past the mob? Does it take an action to pick up Drake? I will leave it all up to you, JM. Swithun will go as far as he can out and back.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina blinks briefly. Somehow in the midst of battle she had not seen Drake go down, even as he stood next to her. She pelts after Swithun, toward the camp, also encouraging the villagers to return to the compound, and making sure that Brother Pelegon is up and running.

OOC: surina will dash as her action.

Surina, perception Check. : 1D20 = [14] = 14

sorry, @tglassy, I missed that Drake was down last round. I’m assuming that the camp is closer to high ground for Surina. [/ooc)

GM: Arwen, where do you hope Surina ends up?

Fitz, I had Perin move through the crowd unhindered so Swithun can do the same. He would need an action to pick up Drake. I don't think you can call picking a full sized human up as your object interaction action. But, Perin will use his action to lay Drake over Swithun's back so Swithun can then use his move to get to them and his action to dash back up the hill. Swithun will probably end up squeezing into DD22 when done. Perin will end up next to him in DD21.

Waiting on Bro P's action, while I'm sure he will stand and dash, I'd like to know where he expects to end up.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
OOC: It looks like she could get to DD20--without the dash--assuming she can get through the crowd. I feel bad about leaving Everett to cope with two lizardfolk, but I can't see Surina abandoning two downed/almost downed party members and all those villagers. If she doesn't need the dash to get out of the way of the water, she will use 5 HP from her lay on hands pool on Drake.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: That sounds good to me. I agree about picking up people is an action. As far as Everret goes, the lizardfolk will probably capture him at this point - and that works fine. We are missing his player, right?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases