[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Any more of those potions?" Brother Pelegon yells after Perin as he rushes to Drake's side, catching a vial someone tosses to him and wasting no time in pouring its contents down Drake's throat.

"Careful there, friend," the monk says softly to his fellow ex-prisoner. For a few moments, Pelegon drops the drunken act and shows himself completely sober and concerned for Drake, but then he gets up and once more swaggers towards where Swithun oversees the construction of the rope to get everyone across the water.

"Whadda ye want me to do?" he slurs.

OOC: Now Drake is definitely back on hit points. :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"We are building a floating bridge of logs lashed together." grunted Swithun, "You will not walk on it; You will stay upcurrent and use it to stop yourself from being washed down. There will be loops to hold.. We must leave soon."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon nods, then swallows a burp before asking, "Shall I take one end of the bridge across the water?"

OOC: I will attempt swimming at first, but if that doesn't work I've got my aasimar wings as a backup plan. :)

GM: Bro P can make a Strength (athletics) check to drag the bridge out into the water. Flying would still be a Strength check because the bridge is heavy and being dragged by the water. The DC would be higher flying for that reason. But, even if you fail the Swimming check, it just means it took you longer to cross the river of water then it would have if you succeeded. Also, I assume some of the villagers will be helping you with this and thus you do NOT have disadvantage on your roll.

Drake can make a Intelligence (arcana) check to see if he is able to cast mending quickly and accurately enough so that if/when the bridge actually separates, he stops it from actually separating so far that time must be spent fetching the separated ends.

Surina? Suggestions for something the halfling wolfrider Perin might do?

A charisma roll of some kind to keep people calm during the crossing is an idea.

Adding other safety measures could help as well. (And I will suggest them if someone makes a really good Int check before the crossing starts, if you want help.)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina heard Swithun explain his plan. "Good thinking." She checked quickly on Drake and Brother Pelegon and then began making her way among the former prisoners, calming the most panicked, encouraging them to gather in an orderly fashion. She spoke calmly and warmly to them.

OOC: persuasion check:
Surina, persuasion: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17
(15 if it's just a straight CHA check instead of persuasion)
@tglassy and @JustinCase Surina probably has time to use healing hands on one of you, I'm thinking 5 HP worth, so she has some in reserve for later.

GM: Among the party are 3 additional Healing Potions in case anyone wants to use one.

Perin takes some time to count the villagers and whispers to the party there are about 150 men, women and children here.

Twenty or thirty men and woman, hale of health, get in the water with Bro P and Swithun to stretch the bridge across the water. It takes at least 10 excruciating minutes to get the bridge across the river and sufficiently stable for the weaker townsfolk to attempt the crossing. It is highsummer, but that water is freezing cold. Everett has a bonfire burning on the riverbank to help people get a little quick warmth after they get out of the water.

GM: Please decide if anyone is using the potions before I go any further with what happens next.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Swithun will stay longest in the water, making sure that no one drowns, even if he has to swim up and down the line. (Horses swim pretty good, what with that big hollow boat-shaped chest.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases