Ideas for an eberron campaign

Summer is coming to an end and soon the kids and I will begin playing Eberron again. We have agreed to start a new campaign and I find myself having some uncertainities for the campaign. I am looking for ideas or thoughts from the wide and vast audiance we have here.

At first I was going to do The Seven Swords of Therrassen. It was to explain a bit about the Dragons dislike to x-breeding of their lines and the general hatred of elves. Basically where a popular ruling Dragon had 7 children, each of a different race. The elfen 1/2 dragon rallied the others to slay the parent to create unrest within the dragon community. Fiends had much to do with it. Epic and large scale....

I also considered a wayfinders type of adventure that may be used to clean up loose ends of other campaigns that I never finished or left hinted at plots hanging.

The kids are using "unique" races and classes. My daughter especially. She insists on playing a Thri-kreen pirate. I've tried to talk her out of it but she is quite persistant. I have thought of a way to do it but I'm uncertain of what to do from there. My son wants to do a Dragon Shaman which has many role playing oppertunities with the 7 Swords campaign.

Ideas?

Thoughts?

Arlough

Explorer
As for the race/class your players choose, in Eberron it isn't what you are, it's what you do.
The flavor of the character doesn't even have to match up with class.

For example, the Dragonborn Shaman could be a:
  • Paladin - Holy Warrior and Champion of the Spirits of the Tribe
  • Cleric or Runepriest - Wise pilgrim of an ancient religion
  • Dragon-Blood Sorcerer - Keeper of the Faith of the power of their Draconic Liniage
  • Warden - Stalwart defender uses holy powers handed down from the ancestors
  • Seeker - I actually don't know much about the seeker except it was supposed to replace the Druid (because he kinda sucked) and one of the builds uses STR as a secondary and WIS as a primary.

As for Thri-kreen, I don't have my books with me, so I don't know what they have as bonuses, but you could fit something similar into a pirate mold. Capt. Jack Sparrow is a DEX melee Ranger (Martial Power 2) whereas Barbosa is more of a Fighter build, and I think a Warlord would make a great 1st officer.

As for a campaign, I'd say a Sinbad style or even a Firefly style with a small airship. That way you can play into the pirate theme, and still have the mobility to explore stories that take place just about anywhere on the planet.

I don't know what kind of loose ends you have hanging out there, but if there are any your current players have taken part in, I would integrate those all into one big resolving event, maybe even having opportunities at the higher levels for their old characters to make cameo appearances. Everybody I know who plays likes crossover events.

I am unfamiliar with the modules you referenced, so I can't comment on those. And I don't know the experience level, preferred play style, age group, or even which books/classes/abilities you are allowing, so I can't really add more until I know more.

Best of luck, though.

Dedekind

Explorer
I never read the dragon island sourcebook (Dragons of Eberron?) but that might be useful since one player is a pirate (its an island) and the other player is a dragon shaman.

I'm leaning towards-

A crippled Wayfinder missions organizer has been been given a vision (from his sleeping phrophet son) of using the first pilot he meets a job. It will bring fame and fortune to his company.

Enter the unlikely subject of the Thri-kreen and its friends wjich include a Dragon Shaman, a Warforged Juggernaunt, a cleric of adventure / luck and another brusier type.

The first adventure is basic but introduces everyone including... the competition, a teifling rogue / mage named Damien MaFeend.

Adventures will include trips to Xen'drik, Mournlands and yes.... Argenssen. These adventures will be driven by competing wayfinder groups and eventually Emerald Claw and Chamber.

Fiends plots for power and the depowering of Dragons will be a quiet sub-plot mixed in with loose threads from Creation Schema (Drogan- who is he?, The sudden blizzards in Eldeen Reaches, Chaos Effect and the final fate of the Creation Sch. PCs), Siberys Seven (face of the False Moon and Mistress Muy Monstrous) and Heroes of Eldeen (Blizzard and what is Sir John hiding / protecting?).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases