D&D General I'm reading the Forgotten Realms Novels- #202 The Howling Delve by Jaleigh Johnson (Dungeons 2)

My impression is that Drizzt is disliked because everyone wanted to play him as a PC, not so much as a judgement on the original character.
I actually think he's secretly evil. He arranged the death of one of his companions so that he could have the companion's girl to himself. Maybe he's in cahoots with Artemis Entreri...

I also think he was the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll.

That’s what i hear most about Drizzt. Everyone loves to hate him, but almost always enjoy reading about him.

I stopped reading the series after Descent into Darkness (or Siege of Darkness...it really didn't leave that good of an impression on me). Could barely finish that book. My problem with Drizzt is that he's the best at everything

He's the best swordsman (let's not forget that corkscrew maneuver), he's the fastest, etc. He stopped being compelling to me after the 2nd book of the prequel trilogy. I liked him fine in the Icewind Dale trilogy.

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I actually think he's secretly evil

While not quite the same, there are some drow of Menzoberranzan who think he is one of Lloth's chosen agents of chaos... it's hinted at in (spoiler for @Goonalan's sake)
the Hunter's Blade trilogy
and there is a great rundown on this Reddit thread

While probably not true, I enjoy the theory and think it's fun :)

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
While not quite the same, there are some drow of Menzoberranzan who think he is one of Lloth's chosen agents of chaos... it's hinted at in (spoiler for @Goonalan's sake)
the Hunter's Blade trilogy
and there is a great rundown on this Reddit thread

While probably not true, I enjoy the theory and think it's fun :)

I promise not to look, and I've not so far- and it has been nearly a minute...

Cheers goonalan

Bugger when I reply with quote it shows me what's in the Spoiler- damn, how crud am I at this forum/internet thing.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Also I've updated the to read list in Post #2 of this thread, if you get a chance (you lovely people with the knowledge) then have a glance and see if I have made any obvious mistakes in the running order.

Cheers goonalan

It's fairly self-evident, but most of those stories (I don't think all of them, though I'm not sure) are essentially spotlights for characters that appear in other novels. Christie Golden's short story, for example, is about Jander Sunstar, who's the main character of the first Ravenloft novel, Vampire of the Mists. Artus Cimber, from James Lowder's short story, is the main character from The Ring of Winter, etc.

The intent of both Realms of Valor and Realms of Infamy was indeed to give readers a chance to sample the different authors and different types of stories available in the Forgotten Realms line. Not all the stories tied to novels, but the books were intended to be showcases for many of the signature characters and settings and authors.

Cheers,
James Lowder

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases