[Interest/Recruitment] Nuova Malattia - A Giovanni Chronicle

Catulle

Hero
*taps the mic*

Hello?

So some time ago, in my misspent youth, I picked up running an online Vampire game on these forums before the vagaries of my sketchy internet connection took its toll and I fell out of contact. Since then, I've gone back to Uni (Social Work), got married and had bunnies colonise m house. I'm now at a place where I feel I have enough spare time to do this idea justice and my face-to-face gaming is LARP and D&D-or-variants, so...

I'm intersted in running a game based on the much-derided-on-release (unfairly IMO) Fourth Part of the Giovanni Chronicles which is probably best surmised as "Generational Godfather with Eventual Vampires" - the concept seems self-evidently lovable, if predicated on playing desperate people losing sight of themselves through the vile things the corrupt society around them encourages. It's horror-y, up front and centre, I'd love to run it, and I suspect online is the best place for that kind of horror, where stakes (boom, boom #BasilBrush) can be set, negotiation can happen in the OOC thread or through PM and a supportive kind of experience can emerge.

Well, those are my thoughts. I'd reckon it's a concept with 5-6 player spaces in it, since a lot of the "action" in the mobster genre revolves around developing power relationships between peers and what happens when somebody leaves the labour pool for "management" duties. It would be a game about greed, desperation, power and the abuse of it, and would necessitate a clear forum for OOC interaction running alongside the IC one (in LARP terms, it's a "no-one left behind" premise)

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,

Barry

Last edited:

Remove ads