D&D 5E Is Paladine Bahamut? Is Takhisis Tiamat? Fizban's Treasury Might Reveal The Answer!

According to WotC's James Wyatt, Fizban's Treasury of Dragons introduces a new cosmology for dragon gods, where the same beings, including Fizban, echo across various D&D campaign settings with alternate versions of themselves (presumably like Paladine/Bahamut, or Takhisis/Tiamat). Also... the various version can merge into one single form. Takhisis is the five-headed dragon god of evil from...

According to WotC's James Wyatt, Fizban's Treasury of Dragons introduces a new cosmology for dragon gods, where the same beings, including Fizban, echo across various D&D campaign settings with alternate versions of themselves (presumably like Paladine/Bahamut, or Takhisis/Tiamat). Also... the various version can merge into one single form.

Takhisis is the five-headed dragon god of evil from the Dragonlance setting. Paladine is the platinum dragon god of good (and also Fizban's alter-ego).

Takhisis.jpg

Additionally, the book will contain psychic gem dragons, with stats for all four age categories of the five varieties (traditionally there are Amethyst, Crystal, Emerald, Sapphire, and Topaz), plus Dragonborn characters based on metallic, chromatic, and gem dragons.

dave2008

Legend
Here's an interesting tidbit I just realized while randomly reading through the Artifacts in the 5E DMG; the description of the Orbs of Dragonkind says that Takhisis is Tiamat's name on Krynn.

Topic settled, I guess.
I mentioned that in one of these threads days ago, I even included a pic of the text. So get in line buddy! ;)

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Here's an interesting tidbit I just realized while randomly reading through the Artifacts in the 5E DMG; the description of the Orbs of Dragonkind says that Takhisis is Tiamat's name on Krynn.

Topic settled, I guess.

I feel like this was said on the first page of this thread. At this point, most people have accepted that in 5E, Takhisis = Tiamat, it's just some folks are repeatedly pointing out why they hate that.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle

Topic settled, I guess.
I didn't think anyone was arguing that wotc hasn't gone in that direction, only whether it's good or bad.

doctorbadwolf

Yeah the Roman model isn’t exactly respectful of the legitimacy of other cultures.

The Roman's before the full Christianizations were truly one of the most fruitful periods of time in the history of Polytheology, the interactions between cultures, the cultural exchanges, and the relative stability lead to stuff like the Neoplatonists, Stoic Theology, and various mystery cults and more. It was one of the most spiritually richest times, although their was still enough personal freedoms to be an atheist if one chose to. You had Emperor Julian the Philosopher whose teachings inspire folks to this day, you had Plotinus, Imbilicus, Proclus, and so many more.

doctorbadwolf

The Roman's before the full Christianizations were truly one of the most fruitful periods of time in the history of Polytheology, the interactions between cultures, the cultural exchanges, and the relative stability lead to stuff like the Neoplatonists, Stoic Theology, and various mystery cults and more. It was one of the most spiritually richest times, although their was still enough personal freedoms to be an atheist if one chose to. You had Emperor Julian the Philosopher whose teachings inspire folks to this day, you had Plotinus, Imbilicus, Proclus, and so many more.
Okay?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

This does ignore all of the conquering and destruction of sovereign tribes and nations to be absorbed by the Empire. And the loss of much culture definitely did happen, the most famous example being the burning of the Alexandrian Library.

Remove ads

Remove ads