Jungle World

BoudasBrain

First Post
House Rules:

1) Players and DM should only use this thread for in-game related posts. Meta conversations should occur over email. It will keep our thread more streamlined.

2) Each couple acts as a unit in the initiative order. A couple's initiative score equals the highest initiative between its members.

3) Each round will consist of 6 or 7 posts: 1 DM's bookend to start the round, 1 post per character, 1 DM's bookend to end the round, and sometimes a mid-round DM's post if monsters act between the couples. The 1st round starting bookend will have the initiative rolls and any monster turns that occur before the PC's. Players have unlimited edits to their character's posts before the ending bookend is posted. Players who find errors or have suggestions should email the DM instead of creating a new post.

4) Non-combat encounters will be more free form. Players can post freely after the starting bookend but should not post further after the ending bookend. The DM will typically give notice in a NPC post that the ending bookend is coming. Anything that the DM forgets to post in a bookend should be sent by email then the DM will edit appropriately.

5) The action points of a couple are pooled. So at the end of an extended rest or at a milestone, the couple gains 2 APs. Both members of the couple have access to the couple's APs and as a couple they can spend up to 2 per encounter, but each member can only spend 1 per round. Within a couple's turn, a member can spend an action point during the other member's turn.

6) To compensate for the lack of a defender, Second Wind and Total Defense actions are move actions instead of standard actions.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
may i recommend that you take care of rolling the initiatives and post the turn order upon the start of a combat encounter?

love the AP rules, and very interesting w/ SW and TD being move actions (my brain thought "minor" before i read "move")...should make for a good counter-balance.

larryfinnjr

First Post
I just had a cool idea... Specifically to enhance (i.e., speed up) the PbP experience...

What if every time the characters level, they go up TWO levels? We're at 3 now... and we know 5, 7, and 9 are mostly boring.... Could make for a very interesting rise through the ranks, keep that "magic everywhere" thing rollin b/c loot could come at us from all sides, and actually allow a "campaign" to make its way into the upper tiers. I don't think this is perfect for EVERY occasion, but for this it feels pretty good..... :)

BoudasBrain

First Post
Test Encounter 1 Bookend

This is where the text explaining the situation goes.

Round 1 Start:

Initiative Order: Monster 3, Couple 1, Monster 4, Couple 2, Monster 1, Monster 2

Monster 3 Turn:

-Makes a Tickle Attack against PC 1 and hits Tickling PC 1 for no damage.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
-Makes a Tickle Attack against PC 1 and hits Tickling PC 1 for no damage.

PC1 is immune to tickle damage anyway... :)

Some things I've picked up from my other PbP experience here...

PC1

IC related text comes after the characters name and is color coded. It works very well and I'd like to suggest it here.

OOC: in OOC tags, after the IC text, comes a block that looks like this:
Move: to blah blah
Standard: Melee Basic vs. Ogre #16
AP: Super Smash (woot! crit!), Ogre #16 is dazed until end of my next turn
Minor: none

Also - i'm not keen on just keeping this all IC - there are only 3 of us... we should be able to OOC joke when it makes sense... I don't want to see an email first (like at work) and not know the reference. Let's use email for, say, rules related stuff, but "table talk" should be ok here.

Also, if you only want us editing our current posts between bookends, you'll never know if there's a new post or not... no one will, without reading over and over and remembering what was originally posted. Not too keen on that....

BoudasBrain

First Post
OOC - I'll treat the previous post as Couple 1's post.

Monster 4's turn:

-As a standard action Monster 4 says, "I never said this thread had to be all in-character. I said it had to be in-game related. If you had read my recent email to you, you'd have seen the 'Now don't get me wrong, just because I want a stricter discipline in our EN WORLD thread doesn't mean I don't want you to be smart asses - just include your smart ass comment in the appropriate post.' - Just as I have done here. - Now when it comes to your concerns about editing posts between bookends and whether or not they'll be seen, I should point out that rule 3 only governs combat encounters. As it says in rule 4, 'Non-combat encounters are more free form.' When I write an ending bookend, I reread all pertinent posts then summarize a round or encounter's events so that everyone's on the same page and so everyone knows whether or not I missed something."

- Monster 4 is weakened until the end of his next turn because that was a lot to spit out in 3 seconds.

Last edited:

BoudasBrain

First Post
Rumble in the Jungle 1

Rumble in the Jungle (1st of Many) Opening Bookend

On the high ground of the switchback stand the Jiinth and on the low ground stand the Shardminds. The Djarkar beasts are in the canopy just above the Shardminds, but they have yet to reveal themselves.

OOC: I will endeavor to post a map ASAP. I'll get the initiatives up in the mean time.

Terrain:

Round 1 Start:

Initiative Order: Djarkar D, Jiinth, Djarkar J, Skynjin, Djarkar B

OOC: The Jiinth are up 1st

Last edited:

trolled

First Post
OOC: You'll have to forgive me. This will be my first ever PbP on a forum like this.

::Izera::

With a long practiced flourish, Izera brings her scythe into her waiting hands. The cold, cruel edge tears the air as it passes. With purpose renewed, she takes off toward the noises, intent on either silencing them or silencing the Djarkar these little Engye fear so much. "Let us see if Lauka still favors me, my love."

-Moves 6 squares closer to the noises, avoiding the difficult terrain.
-Izera searches her brain for memories of the Djarkar, or maybe something she has read. (History, Nature).

::Adaka::

"Her gaze is always upon you, my heart," Adaka smiles warmly with the words, "as is mine." His sickle comes easily to his hand, like an old friend.

"We are her shepherds, her gardeners and her children, all. This day, let her hands be ours," the prayer rolls easily from him, and the voicing of it sends a ripple of power through the air.

-Adaka keeps pace with Izera (move 5).
-Adaka casts Bless (Util 2) (Close Burst 20) (You and allies in burst gain +1 attack rolls until end of encounter)
-Adaka also tries to remember just what the Djarkar are. (History, Nature)

BoudasBrain

First Post
OOC: If you want to ready actions just edit them into your post. If they get triggered, add the dice rolls to your post and edit in the results. Because your not all one party yet, I've emailed you the results of your knowledge rolls.

DJ Turn 1:

-All four Djarkar J's descend below the canopy, (they are now 3 squares off the ground) and move out 6 squares away from the switch-back. While they are all covered in spines and have roughly ape-like bodies, no two are alike. Some have long mussels and some don't. Some have tails and others don't. The two towards the top of the map throw spines at XX and the two at the bottom throw spines at YY.

-XX is struck by two spines and YY is struck with one. The spines wedge themselves between their crystals and seem to work their way further in as they move. XX takes 12 damage and gains vulnerability 2 to ranged attacks (save ends.) YY takes 7 damage and gains vulnerability 1 to ranged attacks (save ends.)

OOC: Skynjin, don't add in the vulnerability damage when you track your hit points. I'm already working it into the rolls.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases