Kalagni?

Yqatuba

First Post
Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting

Hello there Yqatuba! :)

...and welcome ENWorld! ;)

Yqatuba said:
Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting

The Kalagni is a little known monster from Hindu Myth. It has 1000 heads and is known as the Flame of Time. Its also something of a 'Doomsday' monster, which is sort of like an upscaling of the Tarrasque role in D&D.

I pictured it as a terrible monster that devours time and so it appears as though it has 1000 heads to us. So its individual heads would look disembodied. Possibly 'swarm-like' almost. One idea I had for a power was that you could only injure the Kalagni by actually injuring yourself while within the swarm. Although I haven't fully developed it beyond that at this juncture. I do think I'll have it statted for 4E at some point though (fingers crossed).

Kalagni

Kalagni: Spiritual Theosophical Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit). The flame of time. A divine Being created by Siva, a monster with 1,000 heads. A title of Siva meaning "the fire of fate".

Kalagni: Spiritual - Theosophy Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit) (from kala time + agni fire, flame)

The flame of time, with reference to time's ineluctable consuming or regeneration of manifested beings and things. A name of the god Hari, as the destroyer or regenerator of all things.

Remove ads