• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Keith Baker announces Project Raptor: A New Eberron Sourcebook!

There has been speculation about a Facebook/Twitter page that's popped up called "KB Presents." It initially looked like either a community project or an adventure path designed by Eberron creator's Keith Baker's industry friends for the DM's Guild. It is in fact something that Keith himself is working on: A new Eberron sourcebook for the DM's Guild!

Screenshot 2019-08-13 at 22.33.30.png

"KB Presents is pleased to announce a brand new Eberron sourcebook coming to PDF and print-on-demand hardcover for the Dungeon Masters Guild! Written by Eberron creator and designer Keith Baker, Project “Raptor” expands upon Eberron as only Keith is able to, including never-before-explored areas of the setting.
This 160+ page book is slated for a late 2019 release, with exact launch date to be determined. Keith’s writing will be accompanied by illustrations from a range of talented artists, and supported by a dedicated team of professionals for editing, layout, and project management.

A design diary on the KB Presents Facebook page will provide project updates, spotlights on the team, and teasers of the work-in-progress, as well as features from Keith’s blog (www.keith-baker.com).

At the mandate of the hat, we hope you are as excited as we are compelled to be, and we look forward to bringing you more Eberron in the near future!"

Here's the announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Parmandur

Adventurer
Can we call this the Eberron sourcebook and not speculate when the official one is coming out each time they announce something. :)
Nah, especially since we'll be getting that info soon: we know it will this Fall, at any rate.

aco175

Explorer
Can we call this the Eberron sourcebook and not speculate when the official one is coming out each time they announce something. :)

vecna00

Villager
I just want to say that I was so wrong with my predictions!

Now the question is: When will Wizards announce the official hardcover and what will it actually be?

Parmandur

Adventurer
I just want to say that I was so wrong with my predictions!

Now the question is: When will Wizards announce the official hardcover and what will it actually be?
Well, if we don't get a random announcement out of the blue, I would guess maybe a panel at one of the big conventions?

Man, I was 90% certain this was being announced in conjunction with official WotC Eberron news.

I will pick this up for sure, but it's back to waiting for WotC...

lkj

Explorer
Well, this is happening this weekend, might be a time for a surprise announcement:

https://dnd.wizards.com/foundersandlegends
Doesn't really feel like the right venue for an Eberron announcement. And it's really Luke Gygax's thing, so I kind of doubt it.

Once upon a time, I would have assumed they were saving it for a Gen Con announcement, but obviously they've moved away from Gen Con being an important date in recent years.

I don't really have a clue. It'll probably just come out of the blue. Felt like that last year. Kind of interested to see if there's a surprise something else that comes with it (like with the Ravnica+Eberron last year).

AD

vecna00

Villager
Doesn't really feel like the right venue for an Eberron announcement. And it's really Luke Gygax's thing, so I kind of doubt it.

Once upon a time, I would have assumed they were saving it for a Gen Con announcement, but obviously they've moved away from Gen Con being an important date in recent years.

I don't really have a clue. It'll probably just come out of the blue. Felt like that last year. Kind of interested to see if there's a surprise something else that comes with it (like with the Ravnica+Eberron last year).

AD
I was banking on that for yesterday or today: The official announcement for the Eberron hardcover, and the announcement of a classic setting PDF. They could still happen, probably just not today.

Parmandur

Adventurer

AD
Well, if there is a surprise announcement similar to last year, maybe it could be linked to Like Gygax...

Well, this is happening this weekend, might be a time for a surprise announcement:

https://dnd.wizards.com/foundersandlegends
Highly doubt it. It's becoming standard practice now for tabletop companies to give a hint about an announcement at their events, if they're planning on making one.

For example, for comic-con last weekend, D&D said they would make a "special announcement," which turned out to be the Tiamat re-release. The reason they do that is to get more people to tune in to the event.

If they were planning on making the Eberron announcement, they would have included a blurb about a special announcement for it.

Parmandur

Adventurer
Highly doubt it. It's becoming standard practice now for tabletop companies to give a hint about an announcement at their events, if they're planning on making one.

For example, for comic-con last weekend, D&D said they would make a "special announcement," which turned out to be the Tiamat re-release. The reason they do that is to get more people to tune in to the event.

If they were planning on making the Eberron announcement, they would have included a blurb about a special announcement for it.
True, but they put those hints out only a couple days in advance: this stream isn't till Sunday, we'll see.

lkj

Explorer
Well, if there is a surprise announcement similar to last year, maybe it could be linked to Like Gygax...
I like the way you think! But that's only because a Greyhawk announcement would make me happy. Not because I expect one.

AD

Wrathamon

Explorer
Keith said on his blog post "To be absolutely clear: Project Raptor is NOT an official sourcebook. Unlike the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron, this is being produced by KB Presents alone and will not be supported by Wizards of the Coast. This is your glimpse into my Eberron; it will be released on the DM’s Guild, and available in print on demand."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Keith said on his blog post "To be absolutely clear: Project Raptor is NOT an official sourcebook. Unlike the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron
It’s +1 official in my mind if Keith wrote it. Totally official.

Parmandur

Adventurer
I like the way you think! But that's only because a Greyhawk announcement would make me happy. Not because I expect one.

AD
I don't especially think not will happen this weekend...but, Mearls did say in January that he was going to talk to Like Gygax about a Greyhawk product idea, so it is at least in the realm of "things Mike Mearls has bandied about in public that he plans to do."

collin

Explorer
Keith said on his blog post "To be absolutely clear: Project Raptor is NOT an official sourcebook. Unlike the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron, this is being produced by KB Presents alone and will not be supported by Wizards of the Coast. This is your glimpse into my Eberron; it will be released on the DM’s Guild, and available in print on demand."
As far as I am concerned, it will be much welcomed source material at my table, WotC official or not.

Advertisement

Advertisement