Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth growls in annoyance at the weak cultist next to him. Not even bothering to engage, the half-orc druid instead rushes after the fleeing bard.

Without the druid to hold it back, the hungry bear looming over the fallen Hirasean starts tearing its fangs into the victims neck. The other bear, now without enemies around, likewise starts filling its belly with cultist meat.

OOC: Caerth runs after the bard, taking an AoO from the last cultist standing. Hopefully his darkvision helps in seeing where she goes...

The bear performs a coup-de-grace, which is an automatic hits and is a critical hit:
2D4+4 = [4, 1]+4 = 9 damage. (I always forget; does the +4 modifier double on a critical hit, too?) If Hirasean still lives, he must make a Fort save with DC of 10+damage or die anyway.

The other bear starts eating another fallen cultist. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth growls in annoyance at the weak cultist next to him. Not even bothering to engage, the half-orc druid instead rushes after the fleeing bard.

Without the druid to hold it back, the hungry bear looming over the fallen Hirasean starts tearing its fangs into the victims neck. The other bear, now without enemies around, likewise starts filling its belly with cultist meat.

OOC: Caerth runs after the bard, taking an AoO from the last cultist standing. Hopefully his darkvision helps in seeing where she goes...

The bear performs a coup-de-grace, which is an automatic hits and is a critical hit:
2D4+4 = [4, 1]+4 = 9 damage. (I always forget; does the +4 modifier double on a critical hit, too?) If Hirasean still lives, he must make a Fort save with DC of 10+damage or die anyway.

The other bear starts eating another fallen cultist. ;)
The bear digs its teeth into the fallen champion and the man quickly expires. Maur watches as the bear begins to eat Hirasean. The other bear does the same with the dead cultists who once protected himself with shadows. A fitting end for men who worshipped a Goddess of Carrion and Cannibals.

The cultist standing next to Caerth doesn't try to hit the half-orc druid as he runs down the corridor. The man seems more worried about Quinn who is now in striking distance and is menacing him with Cruel Justice. Caerth easily outpaces one of the fleeing cultists and ignores the man. The cultist is surprised to see the Caerth pass but he does strike out with his heavy mace. The blow comes close but the half-orc druid manages to slip by the man.

The half-orc druid can clearly see the bard up ahead of him as he moves into a long corridor that branches off from the intersection of the eastern and southern corridors. Another one of the cultists is next to her for a moment before he rushes out of sight around another corner to the south. Caerth hears the man yell, "Go! Attack! Intruders!"

The temple seems to be a maze of corridors. A series of doors on both sides of the corridor stand either closed or partially ajar. Caerth is past the first two sets of doors and standing in between two more before he notices that they are flanking him. Three more sets of doors are still ahead of him. The corridor is pitch black but Caerth's darkvision allows him to everything clearly. He is alert and he doesn't sense the presence of other foes behind the doors.

Caerth feels an intense wave of anger flowing out from Kang and into his mind. The adamantine dagger's will isn't overpowering but Caerth can 'feel' that the blade wants the bard's blood.

OOC: You said run, so is he using the Run action and moving four times his speed? Or, are you going to have him only make a double move? I'm going to assume the former unless you post otherwise. If he runs, he loses his Dexterity bonus while running.

Cultist - AoO on Caerth: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D8+1 = [7]+1 = 8 (miss)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC:
You said run, so is he using the Run action and moving four times his speed? Or, are you going to have him only make a double move? I'm going to assume the former unless you post otherwise. If he runs, he loses his Dexterity bonus while running.

Run action is fine!

Now the rash half-orc is in well-deserved trouble...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meanwhile...
Brutus quickly turns around and rushes out of the room with the brazier and back into combat. His long legs easily put him back into the thick of things. He can see that Meridith is fumbling around in the dark and that Aureus is pointing at something down the north corridor with her eyes closed. He rushes past both of them and sees both Timmins and Wieland engaged with another cultist. Beyond them, the double doors are now open and an eerie red glow emanates from it. He growls in the darkness around him.

"Brutus," Aureus says as she opens her eyes. "There is an invisible foe in the corridor. He's standing right behind you to your left."

The young half-ogre catches his breath and looks for this invisible foe. He scans the corridor but cannot see anyone near him besides the two fallen cultists laying near him and Aureus. He also can't hear anyone moving near but the sound of blades, armor, bears growling, and people running overload his senses.

"I don't see or hear anything. Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

The cultist flanked by Timmins and Wieland sees Brutus coming and shifts away from the onrushing half-ogre and Timmins. He swings his mace at Wieland and manages to connect with the young guard's right side. There is a crunch of bone and Wieland gasps and grimaces.

One of the cultists facing off against Angus steps back and casts another spell. Angus recognizes the same incantation that one of the other, now fled, cultists used on his lance once before. But he doesn't aim it towards Angus, he aims down the north corridor at Wieland. The shatter spell resonates on the young soldier's scale armor with a piercing howling sound. Wieland watches in disbelief as his armor comes apart on him. The floor of the corridor is soon scattered with bits of metal.

"What the..." Wieland says in shock.

The other cultist stays where he is and tries to cast another spell, carefully. It doesn't matter. he bumps into the open door again and the spell fizzles. He curses his bad luck and at the door.

Aureus knows where the unseen foe is and where to shoot. She knows that hitting him won't be a given but she lets her ears be her guide. Both her shots twang through the air but all they hit is the stone wall. Aureus growls in frustration.

"Did you get it?" Meridith asks.

"Does it sound like I got it?" Aureus barks back.

"Find that... wizard," Timmins yells to Brutus and the others. "We've got this one." He turns to Wieland. "You okay, lad?"

"My armor!" Wieland yells. "It was passed down to me by my grandfather!"

"Worry about it later," Timmins says as he steps towards the cultist and slices at the man with his longsword. The cultist deflects both strikes deftly with his shield. "Damn."

"You will have to do better than that," the cultist mocks the old warrior.

"I don't have to kill you," Timmins says with a smile. "I just have to keep you busy until the centaur is done with your friends."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For @JustinCase:

The bard risks a moment to glance back down the corridor. Caerth can tell that she sees him, as her eyes go wide, and then she rushes off around the same corner that the other cultist did a moment ago. After she disappears, Caerth can clearly hear a door being opened and shut.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meridith moves forward in the darkness to where she saw the invisible foe while trying not to trip over the dead body. She drops the unlit torch and draws her longsword with her off hand. She slashes out in the darkness but the blade only swishes through the air.

"Nothing! I didn't hit anything. I think its moved somewhere else."

"Keep trying, "Timmins orders. "Do not let it get away."

"Damn it, Timmins! I can't see!"

Once Wieland calms down, he shift to flank the cultist again. He slices out with his mithral sickle trying to lop off the man's head. The sickle digs in deep into the man shoulder and neck and blood gushes for a moment. The man cries out in pain. He is on his last legs.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus gets an angry look on his face, glowering at the cultist who managed to evade two skillful blows just now.

Angus growls, "Ye waen't dedge a thoord!"

AF7BC5E4-AB0C-48F1-A806-2975FFCBCA0E.jpeg
The blow is pure power, almost entirely lacking finesse. The cultist tries to block the blow with his mace, but the blade lands on the man's wrist, cutting it off, before continuing on its path, cleaving into the man's left shoulder, and cleaving him nearly in two; the blade stops just underneath the man's right side ribcage. Blood gushes onto the stone floor of the hallway, as the man's scream is stifled by the fact that his lungs have been savagely rended in twain during the course of the blade's travel.

Before the corpse can hit the ground, Angus takes a 5-ft adjustment forward, to get within range of the other cultist who just shattered Wieland's armor; Angus rears up, and tries to bring the pointed tip of his kite shield down on the man's head, but he dodges at the last moment; the shield strikes the floor, sending up a shower of sparks.

Angus growls again, "Ye're naext!"

"You won't dodge a third!"
"You're next!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur leaves the last cultist to Quinn and rushes back toward where he last saw Centaur and the rest of the squad, his darkvision easily piercing the gloom.

"What's what here? Where's the fighting?"

OOC: move to just next to the dead cultist behind Aureus, asks the question and either move to block the hallway next to Aureus or attack

Remove ads