Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth curses in the orcish language - such a great tongue to use for the basest of words! - as he tries to cut down the ghouls that are battering him and the centaur.

As if Kang senses the druids intentions, the magical dagger helps him slip past the undeads defenses with ease. For good measure, Caerth swipes again to be sure his foes are down.

OOC: Full attack:
1D20+17 = [19]+17 = 36 (possible crit)
1D4+5 = [4]+5 = 9 damage
1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22 (hit?)
1D4+5 = [1]+5 = 6 damage

Rolling to confirm critical on the first strike:
Crit confirmation: 1D20+17 = [8]+17 = 25 (I think that hits)
1D4 = [3] = 3 additional damage

Not sure if both ghouls are now down. If there is a counterattack (as described in the OOC), here are my Fortitude saves against paralysis and ghoul fever, respectively:
1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

I think the Recitation bonus applies, too, but in either case Caerth easily saves against both. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth curses in the orcish language - such a great tongue to use for the basest of words! - as he tries to cut down the ghouls that are battering him and the centaur.

As if Kang senses the druids intentions, the magical dagger helps him slip past the undeads defenses with ease. For good measure, Caerth swipes again to be sure his foes are down.
Kang tears through the first ghoul's head with extreme effectiveness. Caerth wonders if Kang could have some sort of disruption ability. Or maybe it is Cearth's own strength that drove the point home, as the hole in the undead thing's skull is a big as Caerth's fist.

He turns and stabs at the second ghoul and the strike penetrates deep into what is left of its chest that Angus caved in previously. The ghoul staggers towards Angus and tries in vain to bite and use its claws. Then...

Angus continues his assault on the badly-damaged ghoul. He doesn't bother talking, he knows that undead are notoriously uncaring, unfeeling, and mindlessly savage. He didn't know which undead stories were true, which where exaggerations, and which were mythical; but he did know one universal truth: take no chances, and put them down quickly. Maintaining his intense concentration, Angus lands another powerful blow against the ghoul.

OOC: Angus hits AC 18 for 10 pts. of damage.
The blow slices the ghoul completely in half at the torso and it falls to the floor in three pieces. Its ichor stains the dark stones of the floor. It twitches once and Angus stabs it again... just to be sure.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Now let's see how you will outpace me, duergar! Having spells is not enough when your opponent has spells AND weapons."
With a crash, the duergar is slammed into a wall next to him and the next hit catches him on the rebound.
"Surrender now or die!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eike seems to sense the danger he is in... the fear in his mind tries to push him through the spike stones, but he stops and his breathing calms. He looks around himself and reaches down to to the floor. He can feel the sharp stones under his feet. He sighs and looks back towards Xander and Maur.

"Damn you, Xander! You were supposed to help us!" The man has no more fight left in him.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Now let's see how you will outpace me, duergar! Having spells is not enough when your opponent has spells AND weapons."
With a crash, the duergar is slammed into a wall next to him and the next hit catches him on the rebound.
"Surrender now or die!"

The first strike cracks Xander's head back and Maur expects the duergar to fall. The roguish wizard manages to stay upright even after Maur's second strike. Maur can tell he has the duergar beaten and can see it on Xander's face. Then, Xander swiftly casts a spell and his feet lift off the ground.

He flies around the ordained champion while twisting in the air to try to avoid Maur's hammer. He catches Maur off guard. He flies out of the entryway and back into the corridor past Aureus. She has her bow in one hand and the other on her quiver. He looks down at Maur and shouts at the dwarf. "Are you done showing off yet!"

She watches as Xander lands 25 feet from her and disappear. She didn't see him cast a spell but there is the sound of wind rushing through the corridor. She nocks an arrow and takes aim at where he landed but doesn't fire. "He disappeared. Either he's invisible again or he teleported away." The hutaakan rogue's darkvision tells here the duergar hasn't teleported away. Instead, she tries to bluff Xander and hopes that Maur is canny enough to sense her deception. She purposely calls Maur by a different name in hopes he understands. "Yes, I think he's teleported away somehow, but why didn't he do that right away. Not very smart. Unless, there in the forge room that prevents him from teleporting away. Bralmotir, what do you think?" Bluffing is not her strength, however.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth nods his thanks to Angus with the two dead ghouls at their feet, then hesitates.

They are a long way from the others, and perhaps Kangs bloodlust got a hold of him? Wearily the half-orc puts away the magical dagger, and takes an arrow to go with his big bow.

"Shall we go back?" the half-orc asks Angus, first in the Common tongue but repeating it in Sylvan, Orc, and even Druidic until the centaur seems to understand.

OOC: Not moving back yet; there's a big horseman in my way. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: Posting for @Tellerian Hawke who is busy at work right now. He rolled his attack and sent it to me through FB.
Caerth nods his thanks to Angus with the two dead ghouls at their feet, then hesitates.

They are a long way from the others, and perhaps Kangs bloodlust got a hold of him? Wearily the half-orc puts away the magical dagger, and takes an arrow to go with his big bow.

"Shall we go back?" the half-orc asks Angus, first in the Common tongue but repeating it in Sylvan, Orc, and even Druidic until the centaur seems to understand.

OOC: Not moving back yet; there's a big horseman in my way. ;)
Angus will smile and nod at Caerth, and say "Yeah, a'kenned thaet."

Caerth watches as the Harqualian centaur turns and charges up the corridor towards Quinn and last holdout among the cultists. He slams his sword into the cultist's shoulder who isn't able to swivel away from Quinn in time to block the blow with his shield. The strike leaves the man haggard, but he does not fall. He smiles evilly at Angus and seems to relish the thought of death. Either his or yours.

Yet, Quinn can tell Mortas' resolve is failing. Quinn's harsh words have demoralized the man. Could it still be possible to get him to surrender?

Mortas strikes out at Angus with his heavy mace, hoping to inflict a severe wound. The swing would have caught a lesser foe off guard but Angus manages to avoid the strike by rearing up.

"Justice first," Cruel Justice speaks telepathically to Quinn. "He had his chance to surrender."

OOC: Mortas - Attack vs Angus: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20 -2 = 18
1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7 (miss)

"Yeah, I figured that out."

Remove ads