Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
ooc: Quinn's next turn: fly down, retrieve Caerth and his weapon, fly up and place him safe from the edge. [ might need 2 rounds to do this.
ooc: You may need to fly lateraly first, moving up is half move and caerth shouldn't take more damage:(
Quinn reacts almost before Sir Ghal shouts out to him. He needs little encouragement to to to save the half-orc that has become his friend. He maneuvers over Maur and then swoops down to land overtop of Caerth. He picks up the druid from the ground and braces himself for the attack he knows is coming.

Luckily, Tarrak has misjudges the swing of his blade in the darkness. He snarls in frustration as Quinn picks up Caerth and shield him from the ring of blades.

Maur knows he should retreat, but having the enemy so close and also close to death! If only he could strike a decisive blow or two! He attacks with a perfect imitation of the last move, but this time he accounts for the swirling shadows and a solid thump echoes from the wall behind Tarrak

No retreat, max damage (18) - now I'm sorry I didn't use that spell for +4 to damage instead of +4 DR :)
Full attack on Tarrak: 1D20+16 = [14]+16 = 30
1D8+10 = [8]+10 = 18
1D100 = [42] = 42
1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18
1D8+10 = [2]+10 = 12
1D100 = [7] = 7
Tarrak's clumsy attack against Quinn in the darkness allows that thump to turn into a crack of bone as the dwarf's hammer slams into the ghast lord's back. The blow does significant damage and Tarrak snarl of frustration turns into a roar of anger.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Henry continues to reload his crossbow while keeping one eye on the quasit demon. The tiny outsider is watching the battle down in the crevasse intently and actually seems concerned when Caerth falls.

Thorvid manages to move back to Angus and slings Annabel over the back of the centaur with Elle and Wieland's help. Bothild is soon standing over Zephora and picks her up with some difficulty. She stumbles out of the depression and looks back towards Angus.

"I'm going to go up and around," she says to Angus. "Meet me at the edge."

"I will go get the fallen gala," Thorvid says to Angus. "But I must catch my breath first. That sickening smell is still in my nose and gut." He retches. "If you can help me, centaur, I will gladly take it."

Scarborax keeps the dancing lights centered around Angus.

Lady Pendour, Ailward, and Tristan all wait at the horses.

OOC: @Tellerian Hawke, it's your turn for the end of the round. This is the round Angus successful helps Thorvid.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus says, "Thaese es th'stoof that'll halp ye real good. Th'hoorbs in thaese paste 're very powerful."

Angus then proceeds to help Thorvid.
Thorvid nods while not understanding a word Angus says. The paste that Angus applies to the dwarf's face and neck work and the sickness leaves the old dwarf.

"This stuff doesn't smell pretty, but neither do I, most days," he says as he breathes easier. "My thanks, healer."

OOC: Okay, so that ends the round.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eutharic continues to watch the fight below and Phar notes the tiny demon's seeming concern for Caerth. "Tell me the truth. Why do you care?"

"He could have killed my master and didn't," Eutharic replies. "I don't want him to die."

"Then tell me what these are and if they can help us?" Phar insists. "We took them off the Confessor."

The quasit looks at the large pouch that Phar shows him and his eyes brighten. "These are his healing potions. This one is very strong," Eutharic reaches out for the potions and then looks back towards Galzadar.

"No, if you want to help, then take these to them! Maybe we will consider helping your master after that."

Eutharic balks. His nose crinkles up. "I'm not immune to his stink."

"Promise to help or go back to your master," Henry says as he finishes loading his crossbow.

Eutharic nods to Phar. "I promise. I will not fly away with them."

"Don't do it Phar! You can't trust that thing!" Aureus barks out.

"GO!"

Eutharic grabs the pouch of potions. He flies down into the crevasse and easily reaches Caerth and Quinn while avoiding the gaze of Tarrak. The stench coming from the ghast lord quickly overwhelms the tiny demon. "Ugh. Stinky undead butt smell!"

"Do not defy the goddess, little demon!"
Tarrak shouts.

Eutharic makes a frightened 'eep' sound and almost drops the bag of potions. He fumbles for the most powerful healing potion and lands on Caerth's prone body in Quinn's arms. The big gladiator glares at him. "Peace! I swear!" the quasit says as pulls the cork out and pours it down Caerth's throat. "Please work. Both our lives depend on it."

The potion takes effect and several of Caerth's worst wound close. The half-orc druid opens his eyes.

"If I hadn't seen it with own eyes, I wouldn't believe it," Sir Ghal says.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth gasps as he returns to consciousness. Muttering his thanks to Quinn and, with more than a little surprise in his eyes, to Eutharic, the half-orc looks down at his bloody injuries.

Reaching for the wand at his belt, Caerth points it at himself and speaks the trigger word. More wounds close on his torso, even though the damning darkness keeps burning his skin.

OOC: Use the Wand of Cure Light Wounds on myself:
1D8+1 = [7]+1 = 8 HP healed

HP 26/58

Stats:
Ghoul Fever (Su): Disease—bite, Fortitude DC 12, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d3 Con and 1d3 Dex.

AC 19
HP 26/58
Fort 10, Ref 7, Will 10
Speed 20 (medium armor)
Base attack: +6/+1
Melee attack: +13/+8 spear +1 (twohanded, damage 1d8+8, crit x3)
Melee attack: +13/+8 Kang (magical dagger, damage 1d4+6, crit 19-20/x2, thrown 10ft)
Ranged attack: +12 composite longbow +1 (+4 str bonus) (damage 1d8+6, crit x3)
Note: Extra 2d6 damage on charge attacks (wild rhino hide); power attack means up to BAB penalty to attack and same amount bonus on damage

Level 0 (6): create water, create water, detect magic, detect poison, purify food and drink, read magic
Level 1 (5): cure light wounds, entangle, magic fang, obscuring mist, speak with animals
Level 2 (5): flaming sphere, lesser restoration, mass snake’s swiftness, master air, summon swarm
Level 3 (4): giant’s wrath, snare, remove disease, spirit jaws
Level 4 (2): spike stones, ice storm
Level 5 (1): baleful polymorph

Wild Shapes 1/3
HP: 31/32
AC 22
Fort 6, Ref 10, Will 5
Speed: 10 feet, fly 40 feet (average)
Base attack: +5
Melee attack: +11/+9 talons (multiattack, 1d4, distracting attack)
Special attacks: Flyby Attack, multiattack
Special qualities: low-light vision, link, share spells, evasion, devotion, multiattack
Skills: Listen +15, Move silently +20, Spot +8 (in shadows +16) (not sure if these numbers are correct... haven't adjusted for level-up)
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Toughness (racial sub level 1), Flyby Attack, Distracting Attack
Tricks known (max 10): Attack (all creatures, counts as 2 tricks), Come, Down, Fetch, Seek, Stay, Work, Defend, Heel

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth gasps as he returns to consciousness. Muttering his thanks to Quinn and, with more than a little surprise in his eyes, to Eutharic, the half-orc looks down at his bloody injuries.
"I needed to return the favor," the quasit says.

JustinCase said:
Reaching for the wand at his belt, Caerth points it at himself and speaks the trigger word. More wounds close on his torso, even though the damning darkness keeps burning his skin.
The darkness singes Caerth but it isn't as bad as the wave of unholy energy that took him down with the slicing blades. Quinn shields Caerth as the blades rip into the burly fighter, Eutharic, Maur and Sir Ghal. The unholy darkness also burns Sir Ghal worse than it burns Caerth. The knight cries out in pain and he looks like he could fall any second.

"OW!" the tiny quasit yelps as the blades slice into it.

Tarrak chants a prayer to Malotoch and you watch as four long spider legs grow from the ghast lord's torso. The undead abomination scampers up the wall of the crevasse trying to escape the weapons arrayed against him.

"N-NO!" Sir Ghal yells. He slashes out with his blade but he is still reeling from the pain from the damning darkness and ring of blades. He just misses the ghast lord.

"I will come back and eat all of you later," Tarrak snarls. "I have an elf to kill!"

OOC: Unholy damage to Caerth (and Sir Ghal) from Damning Darkness spell: 1D6 = [1] = 1
Extra unholy damage to Sir Ghal from Damning Darkness spell: 1D6 = [6] = 6
Tarrak - Ring of Blades damage to Maur, Quinn, Eutharic, and Sir Ghal: 1D6+9 = [1]+9 = 10

So that is 1 point of damage to Caerth, 5 points of damage to Eutharic (due to DR), 6 points of damage to Maur (activated DR protection last round, I believe), 10 points of damage to Quinn, and 17 points of damage to Sir Ghal.

Tarrak - Casts Defensively (DC 17): 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29 (success)

Tarrak casts Spider Legs. The spell allows him to move at a speed of 30 feet and climb at a speed of 15 even on vertical surfaces. He moves up onto the wall of the crevasse, which triggers AoOs for Sir Ghal and Maur. With Quinn carrying Caerth, nether one can make an AoO. (Caerth has to pick up his weapon and Quinn cannot use his chain while carrying the half-orc druid.)

Sir Ghal - AoO vs Tarrak: 1D20+14 = [13]+14 = 27
1D10+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D100 = [71] = 71 (that's a miss)

@Neurotic, roll your AoO.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur observes the movement too late to do anything about it. He swings, but the monster is already out of reach.

"Wily bast*rd, I promise I'll find you! You won't have to seek me out!"
remembering the wounded up there, including presumably Angus since he seems out of sight in the last moments of the fight he warns bellowing at the top of his lungs
"Angus, incoming! Send everyone out, you're out of time!"
He then shakes his head as the helmet rings with the voice.
OA vs Tarrak: 1D20+16 = [3]+16 = 19
1D8+10 = [7]+10 = 17
1D100 = [96] = 96

Tanglefoot bag vs Tarrak: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15[/url] - in game, if it seems close to Maur, but not enough, use last
Pious Soul bonus: 1D6 = [4] = 4
[/spoiler

Last edited:

Remove ads