Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth shakes his head, trying to get his focus back, and he flies lazily away from the darkness that burns him so. He grabs his trusted magical bow and a long arrow, and as he turns towards the stuck ghast lord, he lets loose.

Unlike before, this arrow actually seems to pierce through Tarraks magical defences.

OOC: Move (fly) my speed away from Tarrak, preferably up. Then attack with the longbow:
Composite longbow: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27
1D8+6 = [3]+6 = 9
As Tarrak struggles to free himself from the tanglefoot glue pinning him to the wall, Caerth's fired arrow pierces deep into the ghast lord's back. The undead creature snarls is displeasure. Then, cracks begin to spread across his skin. The cracks radiate a red light that seems to burn Tarrak. His eyes go wide with surprise.

"No, this cannot be! Goddess, do not forsake me! I can beat them if will just lend me your strength!"

The ghast lord's prayer to Malotoch goes unanswered and cracks in his skin expand and energy pours out of the ghast lord and powerful Infernal wind engulfs the creature. His eyes go blank and a dark voice begins laughing but it is not Tarrak's voice. It is feminine and as the ghast lord is torn apart from within there is a massive explosion of air and flame that destroys Tarrak and expands out to engulf all those in the crevasse.

"Look out!" Aureus yells.

The Infernal laughter of the Crow God continues as the explosion roars around the destroyed undead creature.

OOC: That is the end of Tarrak! He's been fighting at the edge of destruction for the 5 or 6 rounds. If it wasn't for the 20% miss chance, Maur would have had him several times.

But, the energy pouring out of Tarrak is Malotoch's doing. Caerth, Maur, Sir Quinn, and Sir Ghal must all make DC 20 Reflex saves or take 2d6 fire damage and 2d6 bludgeoning damage. Also, a character is also knocked prone if standing on solid ground or blown back 10 feet if flying.

Angus, Aureus, Elle, Phar, Henry, and Wieland must also make a Reflex save but the DC is only 15 and the damage on a failed save is only 1d6 fire damage and 1d6 bludgeoning damage. @Tellerian Hawke, Angus can choose to shield both Elle and Wieland from the damage but if he does so, he takes full damage without a save. (So, 6 fire damage and 6 bludgeoning damage.)

On a successful save, damage is halved and the bludgeoning damage becomes nonlethal damage.

There is no extra damage for rolling a 1. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus watches as the energy expand out and engulf her friends. She fails to realize that the energy is filling the entire crevasse and beyond. The wave of Infernal energy catches her off guard. Fire burns her and she is buffeted by the powerful winds. It knocks her on her back.

"OWWW!"

Henry manages to dive away from the crevasse and avoid the blast of Infernal energy. "That was close!"

Elle and Wieland try to huddle behind Angus's neck. The young soldier wraps himself around the gala to protect her from the energy spilling up out of the crevasse.

In the crevasse, Sir Ghal tries to shift behind a small stalagmite and while it shields him from the worse of the flames and powerful winds, he is already on the edge of blacking out. Just as the damning darkness on Spinereaver is snuffed out, Maur and Sir Quinn watch as he falls to the rocky floor of the crevasse.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus instinctively covers his two passengers, shielding them from harm.

Angus says, "Look aeut!"

5B27363C-4282-43CC-98D7-D63EDBB273A5.jpeg
OOC:
Angus takes 3 pts. of fire damage, and 3 pts. of non-lethal damage.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus instinctively covers his two passengers, shielding them from harm.

Angus says, "Look aeut!"

OOC:
Angus takes 3 pts. of fire damage, and 3 pts. of non-lethal damage.
OOC: If Angus chooses to shield both Elle and Wieland, he takes full damage! So 6 fire damage and 6 bludgeoning damage. (It's in my post but maybe I wasn't clear enough.)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
Just going by what you wrote:

The DM said:
"...
Angus can choose to shield both Elle and Wieland from the damage but if he does so, he takes full damage without a save. (So, 6 fire damage and 6 bludgeoning damage.)

On a successful save, damage is halved and the bludgeoning damage becomes nonlethal damage.

There is no extra damage for rolling a 1. ;)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
Ah, I see. Yes, that sentence is unclear. I took "without a save" to mean if I failed my save. What you meant to say was, "if he does so, he does not get the benefit of a saving throw, and takes the full damage." :)

I'm good with that. 6 pts. fire damage, 6 pts. (bludgeon? or non-lethal?)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC:
Ah, I see. Yes, that sentence is unclear. I took "without a save" to mean if I failed my save. What you meant to say was, "if he does so, he does not get the benefit of a saving throw, and takes the full damage." :)

I'm good with that. 6 pts. fire damage, 6 pts. (bludgeon? or non-lethal?)
OOC: bludgeon

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases