3.5 Kulan: Knightfall's Aerie of the Crow God Game [OOC #2]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am back with a brand new shiny computer. I will have Quinn advance up the stairs and attack the Alpha rook. getting caught up on reading thread by thread.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Two
Rooks [x1]: 20 (undamaged, using frightful caw)
Rooks [x2]: 20 (hurt badly, attacking [two others are dead])
Rooks [x1]: 20 (hurt badly, fleeing)
Aureus: 19 (hiding, sneak attack, shaken for 1 round, killed one rook)
Phar: 15
Caerth: 15
Gareth: 15 (affected by fear)
Brutus: 15 (affected by fear)
Rook Alpha: 15 (hurt badly)
Meridith: 10 (affected by fear)
Quinn: 9
Wieland: 9 (shaken for 1 round)
Quinten: 8 (affected by fear)
Timmins: 8 (shaken for 1 round)
----

Frightful Caw: Will save, DC 13
- All within 300 ft. who fail their save are affected by a fear spell as if cast by a 8th-level sorcerer.​
- Aureus, Caerth, Phar, and Quinn all gain a +2 circumstance bonus because they've faced rooks before.​
- Quinten suffers a -2 circumstance penalty because he's already afraid.​

Saves for NPCs
Aureus: 1d20+11=19+2=21 (saved)
Gareth: 1d20+3=6 (failed)
Brutus: 1d20+5=8 (failed)
Meridith: 1d20+6=11 (failed)
Wieland: 1d20+5=16 (saved)
Quinten: 1d20=10 (failed)
Timmins: 1d20+5=14 (saved)
----

Shaken: -2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
Panicked: Flee in a random direction or cower if unable to flee.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Rook Attacks [x4]
Rook #1 (5-ft. step, attacks Brutus): 1d20+2=11 (miss)
Rook #2 (charges Quinn, attacks w/club): 1d20+9=11 (miss)
Rook #3 (5-ft. diagonal step, throws dagger at Caerth): 1d20+9=12 (miss)
Rook #4 (takes flight, uses Flyby Attack vs. Phar, tries to fly through the open door): 1d20+2=22 (crit. threat); 1d20+2=16 (confirm, n/a); 1d3=1 (damage)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And this is the OOC thread. So, double oops. Don't worry about copying your reply over, when I reply over there I'll cut and paste your response here over there. :)

Unless you see this before I reply later today. Have to eat and then run an errand first.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI, Phar doesn't have line of sight to the rook fleeing to the dumbwaiter. He'll have to move first. If he does, he'll take an AoO from the rook that threw the dagger at Caerth.

EDIT: I missed drawing the movement arrow for the rook heading to the dumbwaiter. I just added it to the map.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It's now Caerth's action. After that, both Gareth and Brutus will run in fear and the Rook Alpha will go next, if it's still alive. Note that Caerth doesn't have line of sight to the Rook Alpha where he's standing, as Aureus is in the way. But he can move and fire at the Alpha or the rook at the dumbwaiter (or take a 5-ft. step and fire at the one in front of Quinn).

Scotley

Adventurer
As I mentioned in the other game's thread, I'm heading out on vacation next week and expect to do minimal posting if any for the next week or so.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As I mentioned in the other game's thread, I'm heading out on vacation next week and expect to do minimal posting if any for the next week or so.
Have a fun time on your vacation. I'll NPC Phar as required while you're relaxing. ;)

Advertisement