Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
what does he know off Gareth Porthglaze ?

Just my thoughts, but I would like to have Quintin, Brutus and maybe the twins. I would like to know if Timmons would keep his ear to the ground for that other wererat in the local area and report to the shireiff.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
what does he know off Gareth Porthglaze ?
Quinn's known Gareth since the gladiator first arrived in Carnell. The usually jovial man is in his early forties; he stands about 5 and a half feet tall and has a bit of a gut. While he's not a bear of a man, he's still quite sturdy. Still, from what you know of him, he's spent as much time on a bar stool as watching over Carnell from his post.

The sheriff used to adventure with Timmins and several other locals years ago. The two of them were the front-line fighters of the group, although that adventuring group wasn't renown. Most of their adventures were local and short-lived, and the rest of their friends either left the area or died fighting monsters. That was more than 15 years ago.

Timmins Walmsley has been known in the region for quite some time. He's 10 years older than his friend Gareth and was killing dangerous beasts while Gareth was still learning to use a sword as a boy. He took Gareth and his friends under his wing, and they had some success together. He's not as strong or spry as he used to be but he's still good with a longsword and a shortbow, as long as he doesn't lead the charge. Ol' Timmins, as the youngsters call him, stands over 6 feet tall but he is very lean in his twilight years.

Scott DeWar said:
Just my thoughts, but I would like to have Quintin, Brutus and maybe the twins. I would like to know if Timmons would keep his ear to the ground for that other wererat in the local area and report to the shireiff.
Timmins has his heart set on going with you, so you'll have to convince him to stay behind (Bluff or Diplomacy). If he does, then Gareth isn't likely to go either. They consider themselves a team. If Timmins goes, Gareth won't stay behind, especially since he'd have to explain it to Lady Pendour.

While Timmins' not much for information gathering, he's a bit of a survivalist. He can beat the bushes to try to find the other wererat while your PCs are gone, and he doesn't answer to Sir Ghal since he's retired from active duty as a guard. (He retired from that life nearly 8 years ago.)

Scott DeWar

What kind of interaction is there between Meridith Bowen and her cuz Wieland Bowen? would she very be worried about Wieland?

I don't want the land to be defenseless, so maybe the shireff needs a deputy?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What kind of interaction is there between Meridith Bowen and her cuz Wieland Bowen? would she very be worried about Wieland?
She wouldn't worry about him at all. He's older than her. Wieland is in his mid-20s while Meridith is several years young than him. He'd likely worry about her, being the oldest. The two of them have different family homes and haven't adventured together.

Scott DeWar said:
I don't want the land to be defenseless, so maybe the shireff needs a deputy?
The land won't be defenseless. Besides Sir Ghal, there is the dwarf Mabron Bronzethegn (who is quite good with an axe), the seasoned guard Elijah Wortham (who is acting in Gareth's place), and a dozen other locals who are members of the militia including both Shamus Taggart (a weaver) and Wilbur Anthonyson (Timmins friend). You know Sir Ghal also has a young page, but you haven't been introduced to him. Quintin called the young man Ailward.

Here are the NPCs best and worst ability scores, if you need more info regarding whether or not you want them to come with you.

Brutus Wruck (Half-Ogre Fighter): Str 25; Int 13
Gareth Porthglaze (Human Fighter): Con 14; Cha 10
Meridith Bowen (Human Ranger): Wis 17; Con 10
Quintin Mohren (Human Wild. Rogue/Ranger): Dex 17; Int/Wis 11
Timmins Walmsley (Human Fighter): Wis 14; Str/Cha 9
Wieland Bowen (Human Warrior): Str/Con/Wis 16; Cha 9

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Note that Wieland, as a local guard, has been ordered to go by Sir Ghal. Brutus, Meridith, and Timmins all volunteered. Gareth was asked to come along by both Timmins and Sir Ghal. Sir Ghal cannot order Gareth to go.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Then with the aforementioned interconnections between them, I recommend all of them. I was concerned about the kingdom and familiarity between them. I may have to take a teemwor feat in the uture to "teach " every one of us gladitorial fighting formations. as of now, we are a loose band of free-willed hooligans.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
BTW, do you remember if you had any plans for prestige classes for Lorien, or was he just going to be a straight up bard. I just want to get feel for where you would have taken him, is all. No pressure to wrack your brain.
No idea what I had planned, but it is very likely that I was going plain bard. I rarely used prestige classes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Then with the aforementioned interconnections between them, I recommend all of them. I was concerned about the kingdom and familiarity between them. I may have to take a teemwork feat in the future to "teach " every one of us gladitorial fighting formations. as of now, we are a loose band of free-willed hooligans.
Sounds good.

Remove ads