Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so I know I said I was going to update the Bluffside game first, but I had meant to post that message here. So, Crow god first and then Bluffside. I might do both today but I also have chores, so we'll see. Heh. :sneaky:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eastern Corridor map...

After Caerth's reminder to the group, you can all take a look at that area now.

Eastern corridor.jpg

The outer room without a door was an old cave-like room that has been chiseled out of the rock. Here is its description again...

Someone has clearly carved this cave, as the walls are regular and far smoother than in the natural caves you’ve passed through. The cave is empty, save for rotting pallets, iron rings driven into the walls, and manacles attached to lengths of chain scattered across the floor. A wooden door stands in the south wall.

Note that the group forced open the door and entered the other room, which turned out to be an old shrine to Malotoch. After seeing what was inside, the group retreated, closed the door, and piled up the rotting pallets in front of the door (if I'm remembering correctly). Here's the description for that room...

A dais of black stone carved in the likeness of woman with a crow’s head stands against the wall opposite the door. Your light seems unwilling to penetrate the gloom, almost shirking from the darkness. An overwhelming stench of decay emanates from the darkness, from which emerges a humanoid figure with mottled skin and eyes burning like hot coals. It wears a shroud of chains.

I believe the group retreated because they assumed the figure is a chain devil. :D

I don't remember if the group went forward to the stairs or not, but I'm going to assume it happened. Here's the description for the stairs...

The entrance to the staircase leading to the temple proper is flanked by black monoliths worked with inlaid glyphs and holy symbols. On the stone floor between them is an obscure symbol written in blood.

I think wrote it differently, as the PCs weren't aware of the 'temple' at this point. This was all before meeting the wererat.

Last edited:

Remove ads