Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so my goal is to post replies for both this game and the Bluffside game sometime before the end of the weekend. I'm going to post for JustinCase's PC and then the NPCs. It might happen today, but tomorrow is more likely. Had to do some organizing of my room today and go through some of dad's stuff. It's hard every time. :(

Anyway, I need to lie down for a while.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Updated battle map for Round Six up to Angus's actions...
Corridor Fight - Round Six up to Angus's Actions.png

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Note that neither Quinn nor Wieland can see the third cultist in the corridor to the south, as the man is just beyond the shadowy illumination. Brutus can see the man with his darkvision.

@Scotley, Phar is up next. He can see the centaur in the hallway from his vantage point and saw him shoot his bow (but not at Timmins or Meridith). Phar also saw Timmins reaction after Angus fired. You can have Phar make a Sense Motive [Hunch] check (DC 20) to get a feeling for the newcomer.

Phar knows a Harqualian centaur when he sees one, although seeing one here is... surprising. There are centaurs that come to visit the Kingdom of the Silver Leaves and there are a even a handful that live in the Great Forest.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC:
sense motive: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21

Hey some much needed luck. Will post after I see what he learned.
Well, since the Sense Motive check is a Hunch (your 21 is considered a 31), Phar is very sure that Angus poses no threat to the PCs or their allies. He seems like an affable fellow, although he seems a bit out of place in a dungeon setting. The language Angus is speaking seems similar to Common, but it is definitely a strange dialect. It isn't the racial language of the centaurs (Phar speaks that language and could reply to Angus using that tongue) and it isn't the Northlandic language of the barbarian tribes of the Northlands, which Phar has heard but doesn't speak himself.

Below is what Phar knows about Harqualian centaurs...

(In Phar's study of geography and nature, he has read a lot of texts about the Northlands and listened to many of the oral legends and stories of the Northlanders known by the silver 'wild' elves -- cousins to his people. Harqualian centaurs often visit Silverleaf and Phar met several centaur traders and warriors as a child.)

Harqualian Centaurs live in the forests of the Northlands (north beyond both the Great Forest and the Greystone Mountains) and are steadfast allies of the humans known as Northlanders living in Harqual's arctic lands. For as long as those peoples have lived on Harqual there have been Harqualian centaurs living alongside them, or at least that's what both the Northlanders and the centaurs say when asked about their shared heritage.

All Harqualian centaurs have thicker hair than centaurs of other lands (and worlds) and the human torso part of their body is covered with hair front and back. Males often have thick beards, which are usually kept braided and their long manes are always tied up in a ponytail. Females do not have facial hair and their manes are left loose to blow in the frigid winds of the Northlands.

The origin of the Harqualian centaurs of the Northlands is a mystery that baffles even the high elves of Kingdom of the Silver Leaves. The traditions past down from the elders of the Harqualian centaurs states that their people are the only true native race of centaurs on Harqual. These traditions state that zebranaurs came to the Lands of Harqual during The Time of the Calling. And while Northlanders were born in the Northlands from Cronn's tears, the centaurs of Harqual have always lived in the Northlands.

The elders of the Harqualian centaur of the Northlands won't willingly cross the Great Expanse, and they attempt to forbid young centaurs from entering the desert. For when a Harqualian centaur crosses into the Great Expanse, legend says that they will disappear in a shimmer of light. Where these lost centaurs are said to go remains a mystery.

Knowledge (nature) check for Phar: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 +2 = 26 (for Sense Motive [hunch] check)

Harqualian centaurs are stout warriors will defend their homes and kin without any hesitation. Of course, since they are strong allies with the barbarians of the Northlands, almost any conflict that continues for any length of time will eventually draw in their barbarian allies as well.

Phar knows that Harqualian centaurs have the innate ability to produce a ray of frost spell-like ability. They have darkvision and have tough skin (+2 natural AC). They have a tradition of rangers among their people.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
With both Phar and Maur's attacks, the prelate falls.

The two new cultist combatants enter the fray. One chooses to step to move 5 ft. and attack Quinn while the other moves and casts a spell at Brutus and Quinn.

I'll post results in the IC thread in a bit. Lunch first.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Seven
Caerth: 21
Quinn: 21

Wieland: 17 (holding torch)
Prelate: 15 (fighting defensively)
Cultists [x3]: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15 (new combatants)
Brutus: 13
Pritchard [Cultist]: 12 (fighting defensively)
Aureus: 11
Timmins: 10
Meridith: 8
Angus: 6
Phar: 5
Maur: 4

Cultists [x2]: 4

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Seven
@JustinCase is up first, but I'm thinknig he's not available right now. I hope he's doing okay. Anyway, I'm gong to wait a bit to see if he responds before posting for Caerth.

New combatants come in again in this round just after Wieland.

The PCs (and Aureus) all get Listen checks to hear the sound of more footfalls coming down the corridors. The -10 penalty for the sound of combat applies to the rolls, however.

The DC for Quinn is 9. The DCs for Angus and Phar are 12. The DCs for Aureus, Caerth, and Maur are 14.

I've decided not to add the +15 for listening through a stone wall for the last three characters since sound seems to echo through the temple's corridors. And the sounds of battle are enough of a hindrance.

Since Wieland isn't truly engaged in the fight at this point, he will also get a Listen check at the same DC as Quinn.

Remove ads