Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BTW, JustinCase, if Caerth tries to go through the door down to the third level, he will find it locked and bolted from the other side like with the entry into level two of temple. I have to go back and find the Open Locks and Break DCs that I used previously.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Attacks for the Two Ghouls (if required)
Ghoul - Full Attack vs Caerth (if it survives his attacks): 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21; 1D20 = [7] = 7; 1D20 = [9] = 9
1D6+1 = [1]+1 = 2; 1D3 = [2] = 2; 1D3 = [2] = 2 (one hit and two misses)

So, if Caerth misses with his attacks, the ghoul manages to bite the half-orc druid for 2 points of damage, which will also require two Fortitude saves (DC 12) against both paralysis and ghoul fever.

Ghoul - Full Attack vs Angus (if not destroyed by Caerth): 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8; 1D20 = [12] = 12; 1D20 = [17] = 17
1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5; 1D3 = [1] = 1; 1D3 = [1] = 1 (all attacks miss)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
You wrote that you wanted to put the spell's area behind Xander as far down the corridor as you could. When reading the sentence, I didn't catch the "and" after where you wrote 'Spike stone behind duergar'. My bad.

Damn, you managed to bluff me too. :oops:

Sorry about that

I probably still would have had Xander do the same thing. Regardless, he's only 10 feet away, so Maur can take a 5-ft. step and swing away. That was your plan and I... {sigh} my mind just missed it.

Again, sorry.

And again, no problem.

Rats! I had wanted Xander to be more of a challenge, but Maur is probably going to wipe the floor with him now. Ah well, another bad guy is going to bite the dust soon. (In truth, that's what they're for. I just don't want it to be too easy for you guys. Heh.)
Hey, I burned daily item use, 4th level spell and good will of the NPCs. And wiping in melee is Maurs shtick - the champion had bad luck with that massive crit, he probably had some tricks (such as smite) up his sleeves

Hmm, I have to rethink Xander's next move. :unsure:
You could always have him have dimension door or some such...you know, cheat :p Maybe levitate, fly, spider climb that would go around spike stones. You're the DM, if he needs to get away and become recurring villain, fire away.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round 17 (Updated)
Caerth and Angus vs. the Ghouls
Caerth: 21 ⬅️
Ghoul Guards [x2] [vs. Angus & Caerth]: 9
Angus: 6

Quinn and Phar vs. Mortas
Cultist: 5
Quinn: 4
Phar: 4
⬅️

@Scotley, you're up for Phar. He is 45 feet from the cultist fighting Quinn. The first 20 feet of the eastern corridor is considered to be in shadowy illumination while the next 50 feet is considered to be in bright illumination for Phar due to his low-light vision. He has his longsword in in primary hand and has his composite longbow in his off hand. While I had Phar cast a light spell on his bow, Maur insisted he put out the light in the previous round when the dwarf began battling Xander.

Maur vs. Xander (finished for this round)
Cultist (Eike): 13 (continues to run away in fear)
Maur: 4
Aureus: 3 (delays, follows Maur but doesn't attack)
Xander (duergar): 2 ⬅️

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sorry about that
And again, no problem.
Thanks, sometimes I'm to hard on myself as a DM.

Neurotic said:
Hey, I burned daily item use, 4th level spell and good will of the NPCs. And wiping in melee is Maurs shtick - the champion had bad luck with that massive crit, he probably had some tricks (such as smite) up his sleeves
True.

Neurotic said:
You could always have him have dimension door or some such...you know, cheat :p Maybe levitate, fly, spider climb that would go around spike stones. You're the DM, if he needs to get away and become recurring villain, fire away.
Well, if you're giving me a chance to change things up a bit, then I'm going to take it. I'm not going to go crazy but I rejigged his spell selection to be more... combat ready. Less PHB spells, and more Spell Compendium spells. Heh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases