Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Battle Against the Undead Horde_Round Nine.png

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So, here's a question... does a spell like spiritjaws automatically move with its target or can the target move away from it and have a chance to dispel it using the area version of dispel magic? :unsure:

And just in case Tarrak can target the spiritjaws...

Tarrak - Dispel Check vs. Spirtjaws (DC 20): 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29 (success)

So, I need to look at the spiritjaws spell again because it might now be gone. :unsure:

The spell description doesn't explicitly say anything about either. It does say this:

Attacking the set of jaws has no effect. As a magical force effect, the jaws cannot be damaged, but disintegrate or a sphere of annihilation destroys it's effect.

In effect, they work similar to the Spiritual Weapon spell (a level 2 spell), which can be dispelled, but which again says nothing about moving with the target. FYI Spiritjaws is a level 3 spell.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The spell description doesn't explicitly say anything about either. It does say this:

Attacking the set of jaws has no effect. As a magical force effect, the jaws cannot be damaged, but disintegrate or a sphere of annihilation destroys it's effect.

In effect, they work similar to the Spiritual Weapon spell (a level 2 spell), which can be dispelled, but which again says nothing about moving with the target. FYI Spiritjaws is a level 3 spell.
I would say it is dispelled si maybe this is moot, but here are my 2c.

Ir would only move with the target if the target is grappled (but then, how would it move?! Teleport?)

Otherwise it would have to move and attack next round, but it would not require any action from the caster (since it says it attacks the original target) in effect not moving with the target, but staying ON the target :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
is the Lady still in need of help? it does not look like she is on the edge, unless I am looking at the wrong token?
Lady Pendour moved away from the edge, so she's no longer in danger of falling. Phar cast feather fall on her, so even if she does fall, she won't be killed by the fall. She is currently hiding by the palisade next to Aureus and Phar.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Yeah, the spell's description was no help.

I would say it is dispelled si maybe this is moot, but here are my 2c.

Ir would only move with the target if the target is grappled (but then, how would it move?! Teleport?)

Otherwise it would have to move and attack next round, but it would not require any action from the caster (since it says it attacks the original target) in effect not moving with the target, but staying ON the target :)
Agreed. I'm going to say the spiritjaws is gone.

Remove ads