Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Well, it didn't take long to find this in Part Four of All About Movement...
Hover: Hover is the ability to stay in one place while airborne. As shown in the Dungeon Master's Guide, creatures with perfect or good maneuverability always have this ability. Less maneuverable creatures also might gain this ability via the Hover feat from the Monster Manual.

A creature with perfect maneuverability can hover as a free action and remain airborne.

A creature with good maneuverability also can hover as free action. It can instead hover as a move action and, as part of that move action, can move at half speed in any direction it likes (including straight up, straight down, or backward). Before or after it moves, the hovering creature can turn to face any direction it likes. When it stops hovering, it can resume ordinary flight in any direction in which it could normally fly.

A creature with less than good maneuverability, such as a harpy, that gains the ability to hover from the Hover feat, must use a move action to switch from normal flight to hovering. It can then use another move action (if it has one available during the current turn), to move at half speed in any direction it likes (including straight up, straight down, or backward). Before or after it does this hovering movement, the creature can turn to face any direction it likes. When it stops hovering, the creature can resume ordinary flight in any direction in which it could normally fly.

If a creature begins its turn hovering, it can hover in place for the turn (no matter what its maneuverability) and take a full-round action. A hovering creature cannot make wing attacks, but it can attack with all other limbs and appendages it could use in a full attack. The creature can instead use a breath weapon or cast a spell instead of making physical attacks, if it could normally do so.​
So, it looks like the Hover feat is wrong and the table is right, although there seems to be some restrictions on how hover can be used while in the process of moving. I'm not completely sure how to judge that for the fly spell. (It's not like Quinn is flapping his arms as he flies. Heh.)

From the quoted text, it seems like Quinn can drink his potion this round (standard action), fly down to where Maur is fighting Quinn (move action), and then begin to hover (free action). But if he wants to hover while moving, he has to use a move action and can only move at half speed.

@ScottDeWar_jr, you don't have to worry about needing to do a Flyby Attack. You can just have Quinn hover within the spiked chain's reach and attack Tarrak... I think. I need to read through Part Five of All About Movement as well.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so what I think I'm going to have Caerth do is fly down to where Phar is standing and have him wild shape back into humanoid form. Then he will give Phar the scrolls that Galzadar had on him. That is what @JustinCase was planning to have Caerth do before Phre attack him.

Scotley

Hero
So, while the scrolls are very nice, I'm not sure how much use they would be in the current situation. Does anyone want to Rage? Could be a nice boost to Str. and Con. Ethereal Jaunt could be used to get someone down to Tarrak I guess. I doubt I could make the check, over come spell resistance and have him fail his will save to make charm monster viable. Magic Circle against Chaos will come in handy if he rejoins the battle up here or escapes and we have to fight again. But not so useful in the current setting down the cliff. Am I missing something?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So, while the scrolls are very nice, I'm not sure how much use they would be in the current situation. Does anyone want to Rage? Could be a nice boost to Str. and Con. Ethereal Jaunt could be used to get someone down to Tarrak I guess. I doubt I could make the check, over come spell resistance and have him fail his will save to make charm monster viable. Magic Circle against Chaos will come in handy if he rejoins the battle up here or escapes and we have to fight again. But not so useful in the current setting down the cliff. Am I missing something?
Make a Knowledge (religion) check with regards to the the spells on the scrolls and undead.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, so that's a 38.

Phar knows that undead are immune to mental influence as a general rule, even intelligent undead. So, charm monster will not work on Tarrak and neither will the magic jar spell (even if Phar beat the ghast lord's SR). Phar knows all the standard undead immunities listed here: Undead Type.

Phar is also certain that Tarrak is what one of his teachers referred to as a dread ghast. If Tarrak kills anyone with his bite or claws and the body is left to rot, the victim will rise as dread ghast. Tarrak's claws and bite can paralyze those hit by them too and it will be very hard to shrug off such paralysis.

Tarrak can command ghouls and ghasts near him, and any animals that come near Tarrak will automatically become panicked, even a familiars and animal companions. Tarrak would be next to impossible for Maur to turn. Even a more powerful cleric would have trouble turning Tarrak.

Phar is certain that Tarrak cannot come back like a lich.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Scotley, you're up for the small fire elemental. It still goes before Tarrak.

You might as well post your actions for Phar too, but Tarrak will get to act first, as Phar has to wait until Quinn moved to cast fly on him last round.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Scotley rage might prevent Galzadar from casting ;) he isn't undead

On the other hand I dont think he cast one spell as a wizard except maybe dimension door. Everything was scroll this and wand that

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases