Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I would prefer to be an actual agent of the dragon - with a color lineage that is local to either Carnell or wherever the rest of the Pandours are (whatever makes more sense).
I'm going with "he is Pandour, successful noble second or third son until his heritage became apparent and misunderstood for draconic. He was purified in the temple and educated as a holy warrior and subtly guided by those in the know toward purification rituals (anointed knight) and dragon service.

He would swear to the tenets. And I think I need a bit more research into non-draconic non-metalic materials (chitin maybe?, crystals?)

Also, next level - if we get that far - the sword becomes intelligent, so plan his purpose, powers, the whole kebab.

Also, I 'accidentally' got drunk yesterday so full description and story tomorrow
The Pendours are a human noble family, so they wouldn't have an associated dragon type associated with their Noble House. Here is the coat of arms for the Pendours of Sandbreak. Note that Carnell is not close to Sandbreak.

Pendour Noble Family.png

If you want to base your character's dragon origin based on the colors of the coat of arms, that would be fine. That would be either black, gold, or purple (or even silver). The chromatic purple dragons are quite rare and tend to be NE. Golds are most likely to be LN while blacks are most often CN. Silvers are usually N.

Those are the associated 'balanced' alignments with each of those dragon types.

The area around the city of Sandbreak is primarily coastal desert, pastoral (inland), and beach. The environment is primarily temperate, so a bronze dragon lineage could be a good choice for your PC. Bronzes are usually LN.

Another good choice would be Copper, as they tend to be NG.

I'll post details about some of local dragons of the Strandlands later. I did post the details in the OOC thread for some previous Knowledge check, but I believe the info is in Spoilers.

I'm not going for "family" colors because it wouldn't be my 'real' family.
The story gives a twist to 'philandering Pandour male' - he is a child of a scorned wife (and draconic traveler) :D

Blue origin for the draconic heritage. For the weapon - I'll leave that in your hands - you know your world history best. Read the story in RG

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm not going for "family" colors because it wouldn't be my 'real' family.
The story gives a twist to 'philandering Pandour male' - he is a child of a scorned wife (and draconic traveler) :D

Blue origin for the draconic heritage. For the weapon - I'll leave that in your hands - you know your world history best. Read the story in RG
For a blue origin, the obvious choice in the Strandlands in the dragon known as Thunderback whose lair is near the City of Helt, which is south of where the PCs currently are located. Thunderback is the most important blue dragon in the Thunderlands, and he's definitely a follower of the Tenets of the Balance. He can also be a bit mercurial about those who enter his territory without his permission.

The PCs are not near his territory, at this point.

Sandbreak is located far to to the northwest of where the PCs are located. If you want the blue dragon to be local to that area, I'll have to come up with another name (unless you already came up with one... I haven't checked the RG yet tonight). You're PC's dragon parent wouldn't be as powerful as Thunderback.

EDIT: Okay, I skimmed your character's background. Very detailed. FYI, the noble family name is spelled 'Pendour'. I'll read it in more detail tomorrow. It's past 2 A.M. and I need to go to bed.

Last edited:

Litrix's parent was another dragontouched, he could range far out with his tasks for his organisation. Thunderback is fine as a remote ancestor - unless dragontouched is equivalent to a half-dragon?
He is also good as a patron for his grand-grand-grandson :D to look into this situation.

He is now on a mission and he moved away from the territory...

I warned you about the background - I never manage without 2-3 pages with at least one specific point described. And you can (I hope) follow up the leveling ;)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Litrix's parent was another dragontouched, he could range far out with his tasks for his organisation. Thunderback is fine as a remote ancestor - unless dragontouched is equivalent to a half-dragon?
He is also good as a patron for his grand-grand-grandson :D to look into this situation.

He is now on a mission and he moved away from the territory...
Okay, that's fine. We'll have Thunderback be "great-great-grandpa."

MetaVoid said:
I warned you about the background - I never manage without 2-3 pages with at least one specific point described. And you can (I hope) follow up the leveling ;)
Yes, you did. Heh. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases