Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, I don't think I every gave you guys XP for defeating the wererat who assassinated Ghal's father. That means each PC gets 1,400 XP for that encounter in addition to the story award noted in the previous post..

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Before today, the last time I added XP to Caerth in the RG was Jan 18, 2018. I'm not sure if you meant that we leveled up after that...

With the 2,400 xp now gained, I'm still on level 7 (because 30,401 current, and needing 36,000). No level-up yet.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
XP Summary For Entire PbP Game
Original Group
(including Lorien and Quinn)

Second Group (including Aureus, Caerth, Lorien, Phar, and Quinn)
500 extra (ad hoc -- for first interactions with Cruel Justice)
-----
2,723 XP Each

Third Group (including Aureus, Caerth, Phar, and Quinn; Lorien as an NPC [gets half XP])
788 (vs centipede)
591 (vs "doom" zombies)
972 (rats, bats, and wererat)
1,181 (baby scrag [x4] vs PCs vs koalinths w/sharks [x3])
1,500 (story award for returning Lord Pendour's body; Lorien only gets 500)
-----
5,032 XP for each PC
-----
2,266 XP for Lorien

Fourth Group (including Caerth, Phar, and Quinn; Aureus as an NPC [gets half XP]; Lorien not with group)
1,000 (story award for returning with wererat/ratware couple; Aureus only gets 50)
-----
2,400 XP for each PC
-----
750 XP for Aureus
700 XP for Raius and Sir Ghal vs. the wererat assassin
0 XP for Lorien

Revised XP Gained
Caerth:
10,155 XP
Phar: 10,155 XP
Quinn: 10,505 XP

NPCs
Aureus: 8,505 XP
Lorien: 5,339 XP

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Scott DeWar. . . if you like, I can revise Quinn in PC Gen. Since he's human, it shouldn't be too hard to replicate him in the program.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm going to do this mainly as an experiment (and for fun). I'll post the results on the Rogues Gallery thread and you can let me know if it's okay or not.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scott DeWar. . . if you like, I can revise Quinn in PC Gen. Since he's human, it shouldn't be too hard to replicate him in the program.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm going to do this mainly as an experiment (and for fun). I'll post the results on the Rogues Gallery thread and you can let me know if it's okay or not.
Aw crud. all of my information on characters may be gone.

never mind, I found it here!

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Gained Items/Treasure
+2 Screaming Bolts [x9] [leftover from destroyed skeletal crossbowmen] (given to Brutus)
• 48 gp, 102 sp (in rotting belt pouches found with skeleton crossbowmen)
Cruel Justice [see below] (originally claimed by Aureus, I'm going to have her give it to Quinn; it should really be with a PC, now) :D
• Dead Rook Egg (50 gp)
Eyes of Doom [x9] (Phar is hanging onto these for the group)
• Heavy Crossbows [x2] (1 lent to Brutus; the other was lent to the local militia)
— 3 more that were badly damaged and are being fixed by the blacksmith.
Kang [see below] (claimed by Caerth)
• Lycia's rough maps of the Malotoch cultist lair
• Rusted Tin Container (containing 24 sp and 10 cp)

Odilos's Gear
Amulet of Health +2 (given to Meridith by Caerth)
• Belt Pouch (9 pp and 60 gp; plus vial of poison [vial was given to Aeron to make a cure])
Cloak of Resistance +1 (given to Wieland by Caerth)
Composite Longbow +3 (claimed by Aureus)
Cure Moderate Wounds Potion (Phar is hanging on to this for the group)
• Masterwork Spear (poisoned)
• Note in Common: "My bastard of a son is rumored to be hiding somewhere near this village. Go there and find him and the breeder. Try not to hurt her. Pretend you are mercenary seeking work if the locales become suspicious of you. Try not to kill anyone without good reason. And, no Odilos, hunger is not a good enough reason. And do not infect anyone, at all. Be a shadow not a club. I know that's hard for you, but I must insist! If you get into trouble, I will not send reinforcements. If you must have help, there is one of your brothers in the village. While his blood isn't strong, he could be useful."
• Arrows (poisoned) (17)
Wild "Teleos" Rhino Hide (claimed by Caerth)

Cruel Justice [AL LN; Ego: 22; Int 17, Wis 17, Cha 10; Star Arm (adds to Ego)] > +1 keen adamantine scimitar (+9 to Ego)
— Speech/Read Language (Axiomatic, Celestial, Common [Harqualian]) (+3 to Ego)
— Telepathy; 120 ft. Darkvision and hearing (+1 to Ego)
— 10 ranks of Intimidate [Lesser Power] (+1 to Ego)
— 10 ranks of Sense Motive [Lesser Power] (+1 to Ego)
Zone of Truth (3/day; CL 6th) [Lesser Power] (+1 to Ego)
Detect Thoughts (At Will; CL 6th) [Greater Power] (+2 to Ego)
— Special Purpose: Defeat/Slay Chaos [The Guilty] (+4 to Ego)
— Dedicated Power: Cut off opponent's hand (Reflex save, DC 17; opponent is automatically disarmed on a successful save)

Kang ("Mercy/Murder" in Orc) [AL NE; Ego: 6; Int 13, Cha 13, Wis 10; Star Arm (adds to Ego)] > +1 adamantine stiletto dagger (+4 to Ego)
— Empathy; 60 ft. vision and hearing
Deathwatch 30 ft. (Continually Active) [Lesser Power] (+1 to Ego)
Hold Person (3/day; CL 1st, save DC 12) [Lesser Power] (+1 to Ego)

Scott DeWar had mentioned to me that he'd thought he'd had Cruel Justice at one point. What I think it was is that he claimed Kang but then the Great Crash happened and we forgot about it.

Note that any character that isn't evil in alignment should gain one negative level for even picking up the stiletto. It's the same for Cruel Justice an any character that isn't lawful. It might be best to sell the dagger but doing so will make Cruel Justice very unhappy.

Last edited:

Remove ads