D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] The Lands of Harqual (Updated: Feb 3/2022)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nice to see that your still around, Knightfall. I've been in lurk mode myself until now trying to decide if I want to post any of my homebrew here or not.
I'm always here, although, now, I tend to lurk more. I spend a lot more of my time posting about Kulan on The Piazza. And like here, I have a dedicated forum for World of Kulan there; however, the World of Kulan forum on The Piazza is a bit more 'visible' than the campaign/social group forum here on EN World. (Of course, now I have the Kulan wiki here [which I will get back to updating as soon as my night class is over].)

If you do post your homebrew here Buddha, make sure you send me the thread's link.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
What I'm doing for Janardûn right now is compiling a comprehensive monster list for the continent. I had attempted such a list before here on EN World, but I got distracted. Since then I've acquired several new sourcebooks for D&D v.3.5 and the d20 System/OGL. The revised list is getting close to being done, and I will be revising the lists for the other continents and regions of Kulan.

The Lands of Harqual monster list is high on my "to do" list, but its list will be more complicated than the list for Janardûn, as I'll have to take into account the Transformation. However, the most complicated list will be for Kanpur and its various sub-regions.

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
If you do post your homebrew here Buddha, make sure you send me the thread's link.
My homebrew is for a setting that I call "The Shardrealm", and is built upon the Pathfinder RPG rules. So it might take a bit of work to reverse engineer it to work with 3.x and not overpower those materials too much. If you want a sneak preview fire me a pm with how I can get it to you.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My homebrew is for a setting that I call "The Shardrealm", and is built upon the Pathfinder RPG rules. So it might take a bit of work to reverse engineer it to work with 3.x and not overpower those materials too much. If you want a sneak preview fire me a pm with how I can get it to you.
Yeah, I like the Pathfinder RPG, but is not simple to reverse-engineer PFRPG material to work with D&D v.3.5. And I really don't need to add a bunch of Pathfinder sourcebooks to the design of Kulan. I have more than enough options already. Heh.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm bumping up this thread to point out that I've restarted my Aerie of the Crow God PbP Game here on E.N. World.

I'm also considering creating a second PbP game. It would be set in my version of Waterdeep. I've created a Waterdeep thread in my World of Kulan campaign group's forum to build a viable plan for running such a game. It's not for sure that it will happen, but if i feel i can run both t once, I will.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Harqualian Timeline

Attached is an updated version of my Harqualian Timeline.

Attachments

• Harqualian Timeline.rtf
    158.7 KB · Views: 330

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Most of my work on Kulan has been related to runnning two PbP games -- one here and one on The Piazza. As a result, I haven't had much time for this thread or the other 'continent/region' threads in the Kulan social group forum. There is the Kulan wiki here on E.N World but i haven't updated it in a while. Most of the new material I've created for Harqual now goes on my Kulan World Journal blog: https://kulanworldjournal.wordpress.com/

The most recent thing was a updated hex map of the Eastern Shores, circa 758 N.C., and even that was back in the middle of February. I guess I sort of hit a wall, creatively. I took some time and played a few Xbox 360 games, but now I'm feeling the itch to create more for Kulan.

And Harqual is always the easiest part of the world to create for. So far, I've created a new thread for my primary Kulan story hour I've also begun a new story hour that may or may not have traction. I'm not sure how it's going to go at this point.

Anyway, I want to create more content for the Lands of Harqual.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI... most of my work for Kulan has been maps I've created for my PbP campaigns. I've posted those to Kulan World Journal already. I haven't done a lot of mapping since. I now have three Kulan pbp games. The latest one is set in Bard's Gate in the far northern region of western Kanpur. It's been slow going but it's still active. (I now have 4 pbp games going, so I've been a bit burnt out from having to keep up with them all. I might need to push the Crow God game to fast conclusion before my head explodes.) The Bluffside game over on The Piazza is still going, but I've had rotating players. I hope to give it a good send off at some point. :erm:

I do have one Kulan 5E thread for the conversion of some the races that have appeared in this thread, but it stalled a while ago: [5E] World of Kulan: Race Conversions

I might get back to it at some point, but when it comes to 5E, Tarras comes first. (Of course, for me, 3E always comes before 5E.)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hmm, the more I look through this thread, the more I find that it has become really hard for me to keep track of the gazetteer entries I've posted, as well as other aspects of Harqual. I think it is time to create new Harqual threads in the World of Kulan campaign group forum for certain aspects that need to be compiled. The gazetteer entries, for sure. I don't think the races need to get redone, but maybe I should take a crack at compiling certain sections into new threads.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases