Lady Diamond defeats Midknight (thanks for judging Sollir)

Lady Diamond

First Post
Though D1, I can't leave my character hangin' like this, and I find YB Extremely boring these days, so...

Lady Diamond issues challenge to Tier 3 and above, winner takes all.

If I win, I'll commit sepuku, honorably. If I lose, winner takes my IC life, the 3 yen I have, and winner gets credit for the kill and whatever rank advance is involved, but I get the "death post", via way of sepuku. And so it goes.

Standing ready in the challenge ring.

Looking for an opponent, and a brave judge. Honor me with my last request here.

Lady Diamond, the Cherry Blossum Dragon

Green Belt D1
Dojo Record 0-1
Mistress of the "Dragon and the Cherry Blossom of the West Wind" combined dojo, the Cherry Blossom side of the dojo is now closed to new students.
4 wins, 3 losses, 3 yen
Signature Styles - Cherry Blossum, Dragon, Spider
Dojo Style - renounced, no dojo style
Fist of Fury x1
Chi Strike
Master of Emotions: (modifiers: avenging, ferocious, cautious, relentless, calm, confidant, joyful, courageous, wrathful, sad)

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
Harry does not skip down the path today. Dark images trouble him and cloud his thoughts.

"These dreams are driving me nuts! I must try to understand them in order to defeat them..."

Distracted in thought, Harry almost misses Lady Diamond standing in the challenge ring. He begins to smile - then notices the long face she wears.

His spirits sink further as he begins to understand the nature of her challenge.

Harry bows to the beautiful lady as his shoulders slump downwards, "I do not wish to bring about the end of such a wonderful person, but I understand your feelings all too well. So If you find me to be an acceptable opponent, then let us have one more good battle to remember this world by."

A small smile manages to creep its way on to Harry's face. He hopes that it is infectious enough to lighten the Lady's mood...

Happy Harry!
Green Belt 0
8 wins / 8 losses
Sig Style: Phoenix, Northstar, Staff
Dojo Style: Tiger
Owner of a Onyx Amulet (no powers yet)
yen: 4

Lady Diamond

First Post
Lady Diamond nods in acceptance of Happy Harry as her opponent and makes preparations for the match, issuing the ritual insult as she goes:

If Sollir wishes to judge I have no objections.

I find your groundskeeper to be jaded, your temple to be ill-conceived, and your karma to be forgettable.

MidKnight

First Post
Harry lightens the mood with a quick joke about the good Lady's person, her keep, and her fighting style!

I find your person to be mad, your citadel to be contemptible, and your stance to be terrible.

He smiles as he tosses the ritual insult.

OOC: It's OK with me if Sollir judges.

"Well, well, it seems Harry insults Lady Diamond herself rather than her possessions...pretty amusing, don't'cha say? Insults to Happy Harry.

MeowthBot has decreed this match to take place at the tower south-east of the Baths at Lo Xiang on the dawn of the mongoose.

MidKnight

First Post
Harry bows to the judge and to the Lady as he requests a 4 flag standard match (old school style! :) )

The sun begins to rise as the combatants stare at each other from opposite sides of the ring. The looks between them are grim... serious.

Harry moves first. He crosses the ring to embrace the good Lady. "No matter what happens here today, you shall live on in the minds and hearts of those you have touched - your students, friends... and myself."

Harry breaks the embrace and looks away with the statement.

A single tear rolls down his cheek as he resumes his fighting stance. "I shall do my best to honor your last request and put up a good fight."

MidKnight

First Post
Harry raises an arm above his head. He skitters in close to Lady Diamond. The arm comes down at her with a heavy punch, seeking to knock the hell out of her!

His other arm pushes outwards, redirecting her flowery attacks.

Harry pushes his luck as he assumes the hammer stance as well...

The scorpion crushes the hells; redirects the blood of the orchid!

Fists of Fury!

The hammer flies in the midst of the cemetery; silences the storm of the dark sunbeam!

Lady Diamond

First Post
"Thank you Harry, I'm sure it remains to be seen whether I have touched those here in a good or bad way. No tears now, warriors do not cry."

Lady Diamond bows in return to Happy Harry's kind words and flows into jaguar style, avoiding Harry's violent attack with cat-like grace and speed.

The jaguar leaps over the valley; avoids the violence of the spirit! *yen*

edited, vb code

Last edited:

The eyes of Sylf twinkle as he watches vigorously how the two fighters exchange their blows...and watching Lady Diamond's defense start to weaken...and then crack, as Happy Harry's repeatitive blows knock her down...a shiny coin drops from the sky as two doves land just behind Happy Harry...

2 flags Happy Harry, 2 flags Neutral, 1 yen Happy Harry

Last edited:

Remove ads