Lay-offs at Fantasy Flight Games?

Rumours have been posted over on Reddit that layoffs are taking place at FFG, which produces the Star Wars and Genesys RPGs, amongst many other things, most notably a metric ton of board games.

Its unclear what’s the situation is, but Sam Bailey, formerly of FFG has reported 14 layoffs, and Tim Gerritson confirms on LinkedIn that Fantasy Flight Interactive has been shut down.

This report suggests that the RPG department is a casualty. And this blog post has a good summary of what's currently in the pipeline, product-wise.

This post on LinkedIn confirms that Fantasy Flight Interactive is being closed:

Last edited:

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Rumours have been posted over on Reddit that layoffs are taking place at FFG, which produces the Star Wars and Genesys RPGs, amongst many other things, most totally a ton of board games.

I saw the news in linkedin it even said confirmed. Let me try to fetch it up.

Ulfgeir

Hero
That's not good. I hope the people involved quickly find some new employments, and I hope it doesn't affect their current rpg's too much

innerdude

Legend
Much more worried that they'll cancel reprints of the LOTR Living Card Game than I am about their RPG properties.

I'm guessing, though, that the total shutdown of FFI means that the Steam version of the LOTR LCG never really took off for them.

Really a shame.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Good luck to everyone that is losing their job, and good mental health to those keeping theirs. Survival guilt is real....take care of yourself. I used to run a website for people that got laid off. I make no money there....it still temporarily exists. If anyone wants some content about looking for work, handling the stress, etc, let me know.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases