Leif's 'The Hall of the Rainbow Mage' [A] (D&D 3.5 OOC)

Rathan

First Post
Leif said:
Abilities: 24 point buy, plus the 4th, 8th, and 12th level points, racial adjustments, etc.

hp: standard 'fixed hp rule.' (3 hp + con bonus/level for d4, 4+con for d6, 6+con for 48, 8+con for d10, 10+con for d12, I think. <- this is from my sometimes faulty memory, so what's in the 3.5 books for the 'fixed hp rule' trumps this post!)

Starting gold/equipment: 12th level standard, but no magic item with a price of over 28,000 gp. (I normally set a much, much lower 'per item' limit on magic, but, hey, I figure we might as well live a little, eh?) (Also, I'm not at all used to running a game for 12th level characters. The highest level that I have much experience with is about 5th-6th, so you guys may soon be cursing my name and burning me in effigy!)

The gold limit applies to the out-of-pocket cost to the character, so, theoretically, I guess you can exceed the limit by making your own goodies. (And exceed it by a good long way, too!) Items can be combined, also -- for instance, making a ring that acts as +x protection + spell turning would cost the sum of those two rings, though the cost of the lowest priced enchantment would be 1.5 the cost (Edited his wording here to match item creation costs from the DMG). A ring cannot hold more than 2 such enchantments, so no 'triple rings' or more. (Again, all of this is stated from memory. If there are rules covering this in a 3.5 book, then the book controls, and trumps my memory.)

As he adds allowed sources and the like I will edit this post to keep it current.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
*chuckles softly..* must have hit a nerve LOL.... but yes.. as Jemal was saying... "yea yea! c'mon! lets see some mid level game'age!!!

Leif

Adventurer
I have a rather nice wizard concept with a golem protector I'd like to try playing but no one seems to be doing any games in the mid levels range... I'm looking for around 12th level actually... This is kinda weird because I'm used to making characters for games already offered.. never asked if there was anyone willing to run a game of a certain level before... just seeing if anyone was interested or had something on the shelf that could use a dusting off and a bit of play.. :D

- Rathan
This character would be a great fit for my Whirtlestaff's Wizard's Academy game, except for one little thing: the party there is CL 5 currently. :( But, if you want to make a 5th-level-version of him, you'd be more than welcome to give us a try.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/249118-whirtlestaffs-wizards-academy-revisited-ic-2-a.html

Leif

Adventurer
I hate to be the cause of disappointment. Tell you what, guys, I have a number of modules of the level you're looking for, let me have a look this evening and see what I can cobble together. What sort of party are we looking at, other than our friend the wizard and his Golem buddy? Number of pcs? Classes/Races? We've already established 12th as entry level, haven't we?

Rhun

First Post
If you really do start something around this level, let me know Leif. I'd be interested. Not sure what I'd play, but it would definitely be fun to try something a little higher level. I do have a wizard concept of my own around that level that I never really got a chance to try out...but there are several other PCs I'd like to try too.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
to tell you the truth, I have so many concepts that I want to play that anything double-digit would work for me. It's just that some of these characters don't work (or don't work well.. or just aren't as much fun.. etc) at lower level.

If we're talking 12th, I've got an Arcane Heiorphant, a Dual-wielder, A Luck-based character(Using Fortunes Friend from Complete Scoundrel), a Gray-guard(Complete Scoundrel), and a Spirit Shaman/Monk, as well as various fighter-types, and warlock playstyles (Some melee, some ranged, some dual-classed via complete mage PrC's),

renau1g

First Post
ohhh wowww... Leif is potentially running another game? Count me interested. I always wanted to play a rogue/cleric Shadowbane Stalker (Complete Arcane).

Let me know if this takes flight :)

Rathan

First Post
My character is a gray elf wizard with a golem manual.... and a WHOLE lot of scrolls bought and scribed into his spell books so he's a VERY diverse caster....

also.... not sure if there is such a thing but is there a way to heal a golem with magic immunity other than the Craft Construct feat?

Last edited:

Remove ads