Blog (A5E) Let’s Look At The Level Up Character Sheet

A character sheet is your portal into the game world. As a player, it’s your primary interface, and it’s important that a character sheet be clear and useful. Here’s a look at what Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition’s character sheet looks like. The first thing you’ll notice is that it’s four pages. Well, this is ‘advanced’ 5th Edition, and we have new stuff to include — an entire exploration...

A character sheet is your portal into the game world. As a player, it’s your primary interface, and it’s important that a character sheet be clear and useful. Here’s a look at what Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition’s character sheet looks like.

The first thing you’ll notice is that it’s four pages. Well, this is ‘advanced’ 5th Edition, and we have new stuff to include — an entire exploration pillar, and a combat maneuver system, for starters! But that’s not all, and eagle-eyed readers will spot other things, for sure!

This sheet is close to final. It might change a little, but not much.

mediamodifier_image.png

Mortus

Explorer
Like the Heritage and Culture fields. That split has been houseruled for decades, probably since the beginning of the hobby. My players often came up with fun backgrounds like a halfling raised by orcs. Nice to see it as a core rule in this set.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
The page number spot on the spells list (and maneuvers) is freaking wonderful, doing that can simplify life so much for a caster player. Elevating passive skills more obviously than perception alone is nifty. Also kinda wonder what kind of notes will go on that attacks & spellcasting notes line :D

One easy but maybe useful tweak I notice that could be done though
1618628321461.png

If the left & right boxes were swapped it would allow more easily extending the treasure box below in times of need

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
My one area of concern is the Skills, is there anywhere to just write down what your skill number is?
There's -probably- enough room to put your modifier between what your skill is and what your specialty is (Assuming you even have a Specialty) to the left of the Expertise die. But since I don't actually know much about Specialties, yet, don't hold me to that.

Looks fine I guess

It looks like every other character sheet for DnD style games released over the last forty years. It wouldn't look much out of date in a book from 1983
It even has the box for AC being the little clipart shield despite no other box being stylized

Remove ads

Remove ads