D&D General Eureka Co-Creator Working on Live-Action Dungeons & Dragons TV Series

Dausuul

Legend
Not much detail, but I love the showrunner's attitude, and I'm just generally psyched about a D&D-based TV show. TV--particularly modern TV, with its long-running story arcs connecting semi-independent episodes--is a much more natural fit for D&D than movies ever were.

That doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be good, of course. But I'm eager to see where it goes.

slobster

Hero
So many ways this could go wrong, so many people with completely opposed expectations...

I am not jealous at all of the showrunners here, it's like all the expectations placed on a DM of a new campaign times a million, except your party consists of hundreds of thousands of angry nerds instead of just 5, and you have millions of dollars and your professional future on the line.

But I mean yeah! Could be good! Excited to see what happens!:p

Marc Radle

Legend
wingsandsword said:
So, in other words, WotC is telling longtime D&D fans they aren't welcome in 5e and that decades of learning lore isn't appreciated, in fact it's scorned?

Retroactively rebooting all of D&D lore, in all settings and core lore effective 7 years ago?

Telling Realms fans that the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide is the only canonical Realms book?

Is WotC actively trying to alienate dedicated longtime fans? The last time I felt WotC was doing this was when 4e came out.

Not at all any of that, no.

Huh???
Did this somehow get posted in the wrong thread?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases