Living Greyhawk Journal #5?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
The RPGA Mags are integrated with the Dragon and Dungeon Mags now...

(BTW How you doin'?)

NeghVar

First Post
Mark said:
The RPGA Mags are integrated with the Dragon and Dungeon Mags now...

(BTW How you doin'?)

Mark,

#5 was the last issue that WotC was supposed to send out as a separate issue. Last I had heard it was delayed, and was still going to be sent out. Was hoping Erik Mona had a better answer...

As for me...I am doing pretty good.

Thanks!

Mark

Well, let me see...

LGJ No. 4 is the one with the woman on the balcony on the cover "shushing" or pointing up or some such. I get a little confused because of there being a #0, so did you get the "Shushing" one or are you saying you didn't get anything after that one?

(BTW, again, How's the wife and the new baby?)

NeghVar

First Post
Mark said:
Well, let me see...

LGJ No. 4 is the one with the woman on the balcony on the cover "shushing" or pointing up or some such. I get a little confused because of there being a #0, so did you get the "Shushing" one or are you saying you didn't get anything after that one?

(BTW, again, How's the wife and the new baby?)

I have issues #0-#4, but Erik stated a while back that #5 was running late and we would still be getting it. Cripes...I only joined the RPGA do get this magazine...

Both of them are doing OK. The little man slept 7 hours straight last night. Hoorah!

Later!

Mark

I'll have to dig through some stuff so I'll have to get back to you to give you factual info.

Glad to hear he's sleeping...so you two can also get some sleep.

Are you free this Saturday to fill a seat that just vacated today?

10am thru dinner time at Games Plus would be the time, round two of my homebrew would be the game. Maybe you can give her Sunday and get out of the house on Saturday?

NeghVar

First Post
Mark said:
I'll have to dig through some stuff so I'll have to get back to you to give you factual info.

Glad to hear he's sleeping...so you two can also get some sleep.

Are you free this Saturday to fill a seat that just vacated today?

10am thru dinner time at Games Plus would be the time, round two of my homebrew would be the game. Maybe you can give her Sunday and get out of the house on Saturday?

As mush as I would love to, I am taking Judy to the hospital on Friday morning for arthroscopic gall bladder surgery. Looks like the doctor is going to take it out. Apparently quite a few women suffer from gall bladder issues after pregnancy due the additional calcium from the prenatal vitamins.

So as I need to play Mr. Mom all weekend...I am certain I will be unable to attend.

However, I am interested in getting together and gaming with you guys! BTW: I really enjoyed the pictures from the EN World Chicago gathering, especially seeing everyone wearing my badges!

Later and thanks!

Mark

Your badges were a definite highlight of the event. My, and everyone's appreciatation cannot be fully expressed. That you were not there, and yet contributed, is a huge part of what made the whole event happen.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is now having to go through further procedures. I hope they will have satisfactory results.

I wish you all the best and you can count on my best wishes as things continue to move forward.

I'll, of course, keep you informed as other events come up and hope that future events can include you but primarily my thoughts must steer toward wishing you and your family the best in the present. We'll catch up soon, I hope, and things will be less ominous and situations will be more normalized.

I will keep thinking good thoughts until I hear further.

Acmite

First Post
There was an update on LGJ #5 on the official boards not too long ago.

Erik responded on the LG mailing list saying:

In a message dated 1/5/02 1:27:29 PM, Living_Greyhawk@yahoogroups.com writes:

<< As a follow-up to that, I haven't received LGJ#5. Has anybody else? >>

No. No one has. It's sitting, finished, on a computer here at WotC stuck in
the middle of a battle over which department gets to pay for printing it.

Joy.

Once that's resolved, everyone who was a member when it was supposed to come
out will get it. I'm no longer in the business of predicting when the mess
will be resolved, as I've done so a couple times and looked like a fool each
time I made a guess.

As for LGJ in general, it's no longer part of any form of membership to the
RPGA. To get it, you need to get Dragon the way you always have. Those of you
who had time left on your Guild-level memberships at the time of the
membership benefit switch had that time added to a Dungeon subscription.
Dungeon now includes Polyhedron.

Joy again.

--Erik Mona
Editor/Art Director/Dogsbody, "RPGA" Publications

I would expect to see it before GenCon, but that's about it. But, since it's out of the esteemed Mr. Mona's hands, it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see it at all.

Acmite

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Well I hate to sound like my 'Mother was a hampster and my father smelled of ...' but since I paid for it I would expect to receive it someday. I not sure what Erik meant by "which department gets to pay for the printing". It would seem to me that whatever department got everyone's money or if that department isn't there anymore then whatever department inheirited that money should pay for it but since I don't work at WotC I don't know where the money went nor who has it. :confused:

It would really be a shame if we never receive this LGJ because they've all been so good. It would be a great lost to not only the GH community but to the gameing community as a whole.:(

I hope we do get them sometime, not only for the GH stuff, but also so I can have a complete collection.:)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases