Lizardfolk, but large

Runesong42

First Post
If I were to take the basic stats for a lizardfolk (+2 STR +2 CON -2 INT) and then decide that the creature is Large rather than medium, what adjustments should I make? I want it to be a PC-able race.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Runesong42 said:
If I were to take the basic stats for a lizardfolk (+2 STR +2 CON -2 INT) and then decide that the creature is Large rather than medium, what adjustments should I make? I want it to be a PC-able race.
Generally large races aren't suitable as PCs. I believe the modifications for large are +8 strength, +2 con, +2 natural armour, -2 dex. But don't quote me on that, I could be wrong. It's all in the MM anyway.

Also normally a large creature would have at least 3 hit dice.

I'd suggest you just stat it out as an ogre, including the hit dice and LA, and describe it as a lizard man...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Which is exactly what I did for large LZ men in my game. Ogre stats with a slight bump to NAC.
In no way is it a PC race, and the 6th lvl PC's still fear to face more than one in a fight.

Shin Okada

Explorer
There is a large Lizardfolk race in MM3. Called "Blackscale Lizardfolk". Slightly weaker but slightly more intelligent than Ogre. And has really thick hide. The next set of D&D Miniatures (Angelfire) will contain the mini as one of uncommon.

Scharlata

First Post
Shin Okada said:
There is a large Lizardfolk race in MM3. Called "Blackscale Lizardfolk". Slightly weaker but slightly more intelligent than Ogre. And has really thick hide. The next set of D&D Miniatures (Angelfire) will contain the mini as one of uncommon.

Ohhh yessssth, sssthir!

I used them as minions for a black dragon. Made one of the blackscales a half-dragon. Nasty. ;)

Aligning with Shin Okada and Thanee here. Those lizzys will be what you need.

Kind regards

Last edited:

Remove ads