Looking for the book with this art

Years ago, I grabbed a rather tall, vertical Wayne Reynolds piece out of the Wizards art galleries. It features a few fighter types—dwarves, I think, being overwhelmed by a horde of undead.

But now I can't find the file I grabbed, and I have no idea which book it was in. I'd look through my actual books, but it'd take hours, assuming that my 3.x weren't all packed away in a big plastic bin in the basement (which they are.) Can anyone help me identify this piece and what book it was in?

Thanks in advance.

Either of these pieces what you're thinking of?

329ca9b3e7b3b9728b5483c7761d7f6e--wayne-reynolds-character-creation.jpg

85f68e16bb0ee13560c579149de3cc61--pathfinder-rpg-gothic-horror.jpg

Yes (naturally) to Dioltach and no to Ralif Redhammer. The first is a full-page spread from Heroes of Horror, and the second is the cover of a Pathfinder book. There's a similar one that's a novel cover, by the way, The Crimson Talisman, but that's not it either. This one is a tall, vertical piece, it has a white background rather than a painted one, and it is dwarves specifically being overwhelmed by mixed undead. It's one of the older books, probably from 3e rather than 3.5, although I'm not certain of that.

I had thought maybe it was the illustration for the General of Undeath spell from the Spell Compendium, but that has a different illustration by Ralph Horsley.

Ha! There IS a Wayne Reynolds General of Undeath illustration from Ghostwalk!

That's not the one I'm talking about either, though. Sigh.

Found it! Mislabeled and misfiled in the wrong folder! But I still don't know what book it's from. Any help?

Attachments

• Army of the Undead.jpg
    Army of the Undead.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 178

Well... that would explain why I never could find it again. Sigh.

Oh, well. Thanks. Now I wonder where I got the file. Probably from an older iteration of WAR's website. I've had it for years.

Remove ads