D&D 5E Looking for Underdark modules to adapt to 5e.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Any suggestions for classic Underdark adventures, either modules or Dungeon adventures, to adapt to 5e? Night Below any good? No particular setting in mind.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Night below is good. I think there is a thread with someone converting it to 5E.

Other suggestions would be the old D Series of modules, or even run the whole thing as "Queen of the Spiders". I've found 1E and 2E material pretty easy to convert. I'm just wrapping up Dead Gods, a 2E Planescape module which has a nice sized section devoted to the Underdark, and I was able to run it with very little conversion.

City of the Spider Queen is a good 3E adventure. Again, not sure how tough it would be to convert.

Nebulous

Legend
In my opinion anything from D&D lore is easy to convert to 5e. Have the MM handy and make up DCs on the fly, and from there you're just using the story. You might have to tweak the numbers of enemies some, but that can be done on the fly too.

EDIT: Has anyone adapted a 4e adventure to 5e? I don't know why you would really, but i'm curious as to how it would come across. Again, it would be much the same I guess, you're just swapping out stat blocks. But then you're left with something like Pyramid of Shadows which was just an excuse for one gonzo encounter after another with hardly any thread of coherence.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
What level are they? It might work...the levels don't correspond exactly from 1st/2nd edition and 5th.

Well after the adult white dragon there will be a lot of new PC creation...don't ask me why they charged it!

The survivors are A L5 rogue, A L2/2 cleric/monk, and a L4 barbarian. There will be 4 more L4 PC being added in. Then again they may all be dead shortly if they don't get off the crashing flying castle...

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
A new Underdark adventure is coming out next month.

Yeah but I'm not the biggest fan of the adventure path concept. We are a beer, bourbon and pretzels group so site based stuff tends to work better than long sprawling plots. I found out I had a PDF of night below that I must have came across a long time ago. Seems like its kind of a 2E AP so not totally sure about that.

I have got two players who are big FR novel fans and I want to throw some drow, derro, mind flayes, and that lot at them.

Remove ads