[LPF] To Bee or Not to Bee

sunshadow21

Villager
DM: Sunshadow21
Judge:

Start Date: 6/24/2013
End Date:


Character Encounter XP: 0; Encounter GP: 0
time xp (0 days x 0 xp) = 0 xp; level x time gp (0 days x 0 gp) = 0 gp
total xp = 0; total gp = 0
Character Encounter XP: 0; Encounter GP: 0
time xp (0 days x 0 xp) = 0 xp; level x time gp (0 days x 0 gp) = 0 gp
total xp = 0; total gp = 0
Character Encounter XP: 0; Encounter GP: 0
time xp (0 days x 0 xp) = 0 xp; level x time gp (0 days x 0 gp) = 0 gp
total xp = 0; total gp = 0
Character Encounter XP: 0; Encounter GP: 0
time xp (0 days x 0 xp) = 0 xp; level x time gp (0 days x 0 gp) = 0 gp
total xp = 0; total gp = 0
Character Encounter XP: 0; Encounter GP: 0
time xp (0 days x 0 xp) = 0 xp; level x time gp (0 days x 0 gp) = 0 gp
total xp = 0; total gp = 0

[sblock=notable loot][/sblock]

[sblock=my DMing rules for LPF]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. In order to not unduly punish those with high initiatives, I take the average of each side and add it to the dice. In combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling because some rolls need to be kept secret and it's just plain faster when trying to roll for a lot of npcs.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet would be much appreciated in every IC post during a fight.

*If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I can't answer any concerns I don't know about.[/sblock]

Example Mini-stats block:
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW [/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter Information]6/24/13 Start
[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

Villager
You quickly find yourself in one of the smaller meeting rooms where a middle aged man is sitting at one end of the small table eating a bit of supper. There is a small tray of food in the middle of the table along with a couple of pitchers, with plates at each of the chairs around the table. The man nods to you and waves you to sit down before continuing to dine.
 

BigB

Villager
Tsaaruck, a large 1/2 Orc wearing leather armor enters the room a bit cautiously. Uncertain how to act although certain his upbringing would not be a good reference point, he sits and selects one small piece of food. It is a bit comical to see the brute nibble at a piece of fruit delicately. After chewing the tiny bit for an overly long time he smiles at the man already seated. "Thank you very kind of you to offer food. The man said you need help.I am Tsaaruck. I came to help. This doesn't involve rats does it? Are there others?"
 
After opening a couple of doors and suffering a modicum of cursing from the inhabitants of those rooms, Belendwar cautiously opens the door to this room. "Is this the room where one can find Mr. Silvers, or am I mistaken again?"

Upon seeing the man nod, Bel sits down and helps himself to some of the food. "So, I have come to answer your call to action...what is the action I am answering to, exactly?"
 
Last edited:

Cyclopean

Villager
Llotah slides into the room. "I'm looking for a Mr. Silvers about a job. Is this room 3?"
He takes in the others in the room asking the same questions, sparing a brief nod to the half-orc.
[sblock=Mini Stats]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Llotah_(Cyclopean)?s=wl
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 15 Current: 15
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: -1 (+1 vs. Fear)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (+4, 1d10+4, 19-20/x2)

Raging Stats:
[sblock]
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 17 Current: 17
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +1 (+3 vs. Fear)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (+6, 1d10+7, 19-20/x2) [/sblock]
Rage: 6/day, 0 used
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
Mr. Silvers nods quietly as each enters. When enough have entered, he speaks. "Yes, I am Mr. Silvers. The task doesn't involve rats that I know of, but vermin of a different nature. Bees to be exact, though beyond that I don't know the details. You'll have to get those from my daughter when you get to Haatse; she's the one whose been talking to the farmers about it, not I. I just figured that since I was here on business anyway, I'd see what kind of rabbit my good friend Grog could pull out of his hat. It would appear that the reputation this place has earned is genuine so far. If you don't mind me asking, what are your talents that would give one reason to believe you capable of the providing aid?"
 

BigB

Villager
Tsaaruck is not sure if bees are better or worse than rats but is willing to find out.

I am strong and seem to outlast those that try to kill me. I have not fought bees. I guess they squish like any bug. So does the job pay? .

Tsaaruck par takes of more food after he speaks his part.
 

Cyclopean

Villager
Llotah speaks after Tsaaruck, addressing the half-orc first. "Don't be so sure we'll be fighting these bees, friend. We only know they'll be part of the job." Turning to Silvers, he continues, "That said, if we do have to fight them, I can do that. Even if their stingers get past my armor and scales, I've shaken off worse poisons." With a deft movement, the merfolk leapt into a chair and curled his tail beneath the seat. "As you can see, I can get around just fine. You mentioned farms? That'll be easy. I can get through any terrain, land or sea."
"And if you need a subtle touch, I can do that too,"
he said as he seemed to produce a dagger from nowhere.

[sblock=ooc]Should I make a roll for that bit of sleight of hand?[/sblock]
 

BigB

Villager
Tsaaruck is taken aback at the actions of the merfolk. Part of the job yes, fighting them somehow I think so. Do not fret I will not fight if not provoked. I think you are ready if needed also. Looking at the other occupant in the room Belendwar and how about you? I did not get your name.
 
Belendwar thinks to himself about bees, and honey cakes, and a wild grin slowly creeps upon his face. "Well, having a bit of fire to throw around when dealing with large groups of small things is always useful" he also thinks that he may need to make different preparations as far as his spells are concerned.
 

Melodramatic

Villager
The door swings open as a half-orc wearing dark leathers enters the room. He is muscular tall and muscular as any of his kin, and his skin is rough and yellowish but his long and wild reddish hair, bright blue eyes and thick sideburns, that are even redder than his hair, complement his finer features, making him overall handsome for his kind. His face is slightly scarred and hardened, and his eyes seem calculating and focused, but at the time being he also wears a large, somewhat stupid, smile making him seem harmless enough. As he enters the room the large curved Flachion he carries his back becomes visible.

"Good day, friends" he deep bass voice echoes through the room "My name is Ragzhul o'Brian, though some call me the War Chanter, a name I plan to live up to." he pauses his eyes slowly scanning both his potential companions and the middle aged man. "I've heard that there might be some work to be found here?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Ragzhul o'Brian (can't link yet)
Initiative: +2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2 (+4 vs. Fear)
Bardic Performance Turns Remaining: 6.
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/2;
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
The man looks over the assembled group. "If you wish to learn more details, visit my inn in Haatse and get what information you can from my daughter and the regular farmers. I'm sure that if the job is genuinely big enough to warrant further attention from there that appropriate compensation can be acquired. Now I hate to run, but I'm afraid I have a lot of errands to do while in Venza, and must be getting about the rest of my business. Feel to finish off the rest of the food." With that, the man stands up, bows, and disappears. After some final shopping and sleep, you head out to Haatse the next morning. The initial part of the trip on the main roads goes smoothly, and you are able to stay the night in a farmer's barn, but as soon as you turn onto the side road leading to the village, it becomes apparent that the weather has not been kind lately; downed trees, washed out fords, and detours and delays of various kinds plague your second day slowing down travel considerably.

GM: I need survival and perception checks from everyone to see how much the party is slowed down by the rough conditions of the road and it's immediate surroundings.
 

Cyclopean

Villager
True to his word, the merfolk has little difficulty with the rough terrain, swiftly clambering over the downed trees and swimming through the floods.
[sblock=Rolls]
Perception: 1D20-1 = [18]-1 = 17http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=27731

Survival: 1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=27732

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Llotah_(Cyclopean)?s=wl]Llotah, Merfolk Barbarian[/url]
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: -1 (+1 vs. Fear)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (+4, 1d10+4, 19-20/x2)

Raging Stats:
[sblock]
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 17/17
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +1 (+3 vs. Fear)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (+6, 1d10+7, 19-20/x2) [/sblock]
Rage: 6/6
[/sblock]
 

Melodramatic

Villager
Ragzhul's initially high enthusiasm was dwindling by the minute, but he refused to show it. He didn't get along with nature, despite his heritage, and traveling was always a pain, not to speak of tough terrain. But he was determined to prove his worth and refused tried relentlessly to hide his incompetence.

He kept his distance from his traveling companions. Whenever he had to speak he had much to say, but he rarely found a reason to speak to them. He was busy enough with the traveling.

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Ragzhul o'Brian (can't link yet)
Initiative: +2
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2 (+4 vs. Fear)
Bardic Performance Turns Remaining: 6.
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/2;
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top