[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’

hero4hire

Explorer
Rumble quickly sized up the fiery newcomer. His eyes darted about following every move his opponent made.
Ooc: Analyze Opponent on lava guy. He needs to make a Will save vs DC19

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 5

Shadow smiled as Princess Starlight turned off her light. Darkness was his element, and glowing lava guy stood out like a...lava lamp in the darkness, though cast little light. Unfortunately he was in there air where Shadow couldn’t reach him. That left the remaining android guard for Shadow. He started for the guard, but Silver Streak blasted it with lightning. Well that changed things. He could shadowport up there, but then he would face a thirty foot fall.

Shadow drew out his taser and fired at the lava man, unsure if it would do any good.

OOC: Is there any way to get up to him? Like a tree or something? Just realized my shadowporting is an Action, so that leaves Caleb just falling at the end of it if he uses it to get up there. And not sure grabbing him would be wise. Alternatively, can I grab a downed guard’s weapon?

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Shadow Character Sheet
Action: Taser: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
Another critical! So auto-hit, and then Fortitude 15 to save and bump up the level of success by one.
Move: Draw taser
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions: Hindered (Speed -1 for trees)
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 1
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: Is there any way to get up to him? Like a tree or something? Just realized my shadowporting is an Action, so that leaves Caleb just falling at the end of it if he uses it to get up there. And not sure grabbing him would be wise. Alternatively, can I grab a downed guard’s weapon?

GM: Not really. You could use a Hero Point to gain access to a Advantage and take Move-By Attack. Or you could fall and make a Toughness save (DC 15) to not suffer any damage OR you could make an Athletics or Acrobatic skill check of a DC 20 and not have to make a Toughness save

GreenKarl

First Post
Princess Starlight dosed her “brightness” and dropped down closer to ground, the pain from the last blast catching her off guard. The Shadow then caught the flying rock fire dude with his taser causing the man to grunt out loud in pain. Kitsune unleashed her multiple-fire lasers but they bounced harmlessly off the man’s lava-like skin! Silver Streak blasted the last guard who exploded in sparks but then he sensed more movement in the jungle. Rumble was able to gauge the lava-man perfectly with his sense of combat and was confident that he had a measure of the man.

The lava man shouted out in heavily accented English “Despoilers of the great and holy Apocalypse! I will be the instrument of your destruction, his holy emissary – your fiery doom – Mount Merapi!!!” and then fires a blast of lava like substance at Silver Streak but it misses! Suddenly a dozen scientifically dressed individuals burst from the jungle. They make no real noise above their running, no cries of anger or surprise. They are also armed with laser rifles and hastily donned armored vest and night vision goggles just like the guards! They open fire on the group that they can see, and each of the heroes – Rumble, Silver Streak, Princess Starlight and the Shadow are struck by various beam of death! They of course seem totally oblivious to Kitsune hiding in the trees nearby…

GM: Initiative
9 – Rumble
27 - Security Tea (all destroyed now), the Scientist (new group) and Mount Merapi
26 - Princess Starlight
23 - the Shadow
18 - Kitsune
15 - Silver Streak
[sblock=Rolls and Results]Princess Starlight doses her glowing light so anyone who cannot see in the dark is going to be Disable (-5 to all sight base actions) and Vulnerable (1/2 defenses) without a light source. ALTHOUGH with all the fires that have now started I might assume that this has dropped to Impaired (-2 to anything that replies on Sight like Perception and Attacks) instead.
The Shadow hits Mount Merapi with his taser; Fortitude save DC 15: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16. Hmm I think with a Critical hit you increase the DC for the save with Affliction BUT its’ also a piece of gear, which generally are not as good. But anyway that means he failed by 1 degree so he is Dazed. He gets a new Fort save next round to negate it at the end of his round.
Kitsune with fire at Mount Merapi (vs. his Dodge of 14); Ranged attack +9 if she hits (multifire): 1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26, hit with 3 degrees of success so +2 damage. Mount Merapi Toughness save vs. DC 26: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30, oh that’s another crit, so no damage!!
Silver Streak hits the last guard; Toughness save vs. DC 24: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9, fails he is destroyed!!
Then Rumble makes his analyse power; Mount Merapi Will save vs. DC 19: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10, failed by 2 degrees, not good. So he is Defenseless (Defenses +0 so 10) and Disabled (-5 to checks; what checks is this applied to as I believe you have to be somewhat specific in the description) but only vs. Rumble. Again he gets a separate save at the end of his round to recover.
Then Mount Merapi fires a lava shot at Silver Streak, the only one sort of out in the open so he is only Impaired vs. him; Ranged attack, +10 fire damage if he hits: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
At the end of his round; First Fortitude save DC 15: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19, he succeeds so he is no longer dazed. Then Will save vs. DC 19: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17, failure by one degree so he Is not only Vulnerable, Impaired verse Rumble. On second though I have changed my mind of this. This save will be NEXT round not this upcoming round for Rumble. So he is still Defenseless and Disabled vs. Rumble this next round
Then the “scientist” spread out and start firing at the heroes. They more or less have the same stats as the guards, they just are dressed as scientist armed with assault laser rifles and wearing armored vests and night vision goggles. 3 are going to shot at Rumble, 3 shot at Silver Streak, and 3 shot at Princess Starlight and 3 shot at the Shadow (as I don’t think you have engaged your Shadow/Obscure power yet so you are not hidden in darkness). It’s just easier to roll ALL at once, in order that I listed above, so…
Ranged attack damage +6 (multi-attack) if it hits: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
OK the first three vs. Rumble, critical miss, critical hit and a a hit! As they are minions they don’t get crits, but they can deal extra damage with Multi-Attack. As Rumble can't see in the dark he is considered Vulnerable so his Dodge is only 16. Two degrees of success is +2 damage, so he needs a Toughness save DC 23 and the other hit was only one degrees so Toughness save DC 21.
Then 3 fire at Silver Streak, Hit, then miss, miss. Silver Streak would normally be Vulnerable also but with his Elctro-sense he is not vs. the robots and needs one Toughness save vs. DC 21
Then 3 vs. Princess Starlight, miss, miss, Hit. Princess Starlight is vulnerable right now so he gains +2 damage with two degrees of success and needs one Toughness save vs. DC 23
Then 3 vs. the Shadow, miss, miss and a Hit. Not quite enough to get extra damage and the Shadow is not vulnerable so the Shadow needs a Toughness save vs. DC 21[/sblock]

Toughness saves and Actions this round!!

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Rumble attempted to dodge the laserfire. It was tough in the dark, but the lasers were fairly visible. One of the "scientists" must have thought they had the vigilante dead to rights, but the roughneck hero was able to twist in the nick of time to barely singed.
"Enough of this $#!t!" he yelled and picked up one of the felled guards googles and donned them.
Lava-Boy lit up like a torch in the nightvision lenses and he lept high in the air to kick the crap out of the baddie.

OOC: toughness vs DC 23 then 21: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22

HP to reroll toughness vs DC 23: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26

On his turn Rumble will use a Standard action to pick up and don Nightvision googles.
Then he will use Extra Effort and he will Use leaping to jump and kick Volcano Guy. Power Attack 5 vs Volcano Guy: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
. It is a Crit because he was Defenseless. So Damage DC is a total of 33!!! And he should be a -5 to his Toughness check vs Rumble.
Rumble then will use a 2nd Hero Point to fend off Fatigue.

Condition: Undamaged Current HP: 1

Notes on Affliction:
I do not see where Disabled needs to be specific without a Limitation? Rolling a 17 won't make his condition better. He has to succeed in making a Save to get rid of it altogether. In hindsight I should have made it Progressive as opposed to Sustained for essentially the same effect. The victim either succeeds and shakes the effect or the effect potentially worsens (up to 2nd degree).

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Ooc: I do not see where Disabled needs to be specific without a Limitation? Rolling a 17 won't make his condition better. He has to succeed in making a Save to get rid of it altogether. In hindsight I should have made it Progressive as opposed to Sustained for essentially the same effect.

GM: Hmm I might have assumed from reading the Disable condition that its suppose to apply to something or other. I am not sure I guess. So basic Disable is -5 to all rolls? Including things like Fortitude and Will check? That is where its tripping me up

Reroll:
[roll0]

GM: A 1 becomes an 11 so 16, with a hero point

hero4hire

Explorer
GM: Hmm I might have assumed from reading the Disable condition that its suppose to apply to something or other. I am not sure I guess. So basic Disable is -5 to all rolls? Including things like Fortitude and Will check? That is where its tripping me up
OOC: Yeah it sucks for the victim. But so does being Paralyzed or Controlled. If you look through Power Profiles and other prebuilt powers. Either Impaired/Disabled has a Limitation added such as "Vision related checks" or just doesn't like Death Touch or Bio-Scuplting. I think GMs should feel free to use descriptors of the Power in question to say "Bio-Sculpting doesn't effect his Will check. Get an HP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases