Main Web Generator Outage - All Done

Lady Diamond

First Post
Taking the main generator for what is hopefully a quick update.

In the meantime use Meowthbot or the backup generator on AOL.

Hope to be done quickly.

Last edited:

Vanor

First Post
It looks good, I like the idea of being able to generate a whole hand at once :)

Thanks again for all the work you've done on YB and stuff.

reiella

Explorer
Also, been plopping through my webtech books and such...

Changing the generator to have logging would be a very non-trivial thing, and most likly also require that the person doing so have compiler and cgi-bin rights on the hosted machine (at least the easiest way to do it)... It would also greatly reduce the performance time of the generator (and any sort of high traffic would be felt by the generator). No semi-instant move-gen as with the java as we would have to send the request to the server, cgi-bin would have to interpret, and then return the generated move to the form.

If I wasn't so busy with class and such now, I'd probably offer to work at it, but I am, and I really don't know if the creationdynamics box is even a *nix base or a Windows base, although I think it probably is Windows most likly... And I refuse to touch cgi-bin on windows :p IIS hates me enough as it is. Was it volo or vanor (something like that) who had the idea of the php judge database though? I believe that methodology could also be used.

Lady Diamond

First Post
creationdynamics.com host is Unix, and it has cgi-bin. Don't sweat it too much though right now, anybody who wishes to rule out cheating (or just feel more comfortable about playing) can call a judge-generated strat match. Logging is a nice thought though. One for the "drawing board".

Remove ads