• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
The Catfish, Thievestown, City of Llaza, Fnoi Province.

It is a typically hot and humid summer evening for Llaza. In some circumstances the weather would be termed ‘sultry’, but this carries with it an air of romance and mystery, which a Llazan summer night assuredly does not have. This is more like being smothered by a hot damp towel, as if the whole city has become a giant bathhouse.

The heat and humidity does little to improve Thievestown’s distinctive smell, a community of boat people who live their entire lives afloat… and have no access to sanitation other than casting waste of all kinds overboard.

The denizens of the Catfish, however, are unfazed by swelter and stench. Not when there are yen to be made and lost. A double-decked houseboat festooned with brightly-coloured lanterns, the Catfish can be found somewhere in the centre of the ever-shifting mass of Thievestown. It can be reached by hiring one of the many boat-taxis that ply the harbour waters of Llaza (not, of course, members of the reputable Boatsman’s Guild), or by the other method of travelling in Thievestown – hopping from deck to deck on the tightly-packed boats. Thievestown inhabitants are accustumed to the deckspace of their sampans being used as access for everyone else – many of the more permanent residents have set up systems of gangplanks and rope bridges for people to use.

The upper deck of the Catfish is where the serious gamblers go to play. The air is ribboned with smoke from countless golden yaama pipes, the silence is broken only by the clicking of dragon tiles and the occasional utterance - a bet or a gaming exchange. The lower deck is more lively, home to a range of games of chance and games of skill, from the Wheel of Fortune to beetle races, not to mention all the side-betting. Hostesses serve either the potent jinka rum, or for those who want to keep a level head there is tea. No food is served, but Llazan entrepeneurship being what it is, the Catfish is surrounded at all times by tiny skiffs serving a range of food from precariously balanced stoves and skillets; the customers of the Catfish leaning over the side to exchange yen for fried noodles (and often leaning over the side again later to deposit the noodles back into the water).

This, then, is where you are due to meet Vaal Zeshon, the man with yellow jade for sale. His message said that he could be found by the Wheel of Fortune, wearing a yellow sash.

[sblock=People, Places and Things]
Various things revealed during the course of this adventure.

The Black River Society - a criminal cartel.
Shem - small-time crook sought by the Black River Society for unspecified reasons, but hints at some kind of fraud. Mistaken with Vaal Zeshon.
The Otter Girl - a nai-nek-chai shapeshifter implicated in the assassination of Vaal/Shem.
Palu Devil - a spidery creature from the Hudan Technocracy.
Red Jade Spirits - found in red jade, enter the body through wounds and turn mortals into bloodthirsty monsters.
House Turif - large and powerful Merchant's League house.
Lady Calis Ondra-Turif - aka Lady C and the Mistress of Iron. Octogenarian matriarch of House Turif.
Jantrashan - magician working in house Turif's personal guard.
The Shadow Lark - a two-masted sea-going junk.
Ying Woo - Captain of the Shadow Lark.
Tara-Ki - First mate of the Shadow Lark.
Kop - Bosun of the Shadow Lark

Vaal Zeshon's "map":
The maps are highly stylised, more diagrams, but perhaps no less useful for that. They don't depict Thell, but a series of islands. Clearly marked on the map is the "Tuuma Strait", then an "Island of the Smoking Crown". There is then depicted a journey up a river from a "Circular Bay" and a trek inland where the river is shown to fork at twin waterfalls, to a plateau marked with a "Cave of Three Eyes", where is marked "Here I hid the white jade, beneath the stone marked with a [and here is used the High Imperial symbol meaning Danger/Bad]"
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

Villager
Hang the weaponmaster

Jumping over boats was not easy when you have a heavy armour donned, and carry two large metal weapons. But determination is they only thing you need, and Hang had more than enough. He made his way to the floating vice house, jumping and tumbling among the boats. He pushes the door of the Catfish, and walks inside. Full clad in metal, he makes a distinct sound "Clink, clank, clink, clank" as he moves to the wheel of fortune, attracting the gaze of some patrons. He cares not for anything but his contact, so he has eyes only for those with yellow sashes.
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Malachite the Archer

The lower deck of the Catfish rocks almost imperceptibly as Mal ends his graceful leap from the adjacent boat. Though his bulk and rock-like appearance suggest that he's got no place on the water, he moves with confidence and grace as he stalks through the throng. Jade green eyes cast about for the Wheel of Fortune; once he spies his target - the yellow-sashed purveyor of the rare jade he seeks - he approaches.
_______________


[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
The eyes of the man in the yellow sash widen in surprise and apprehension as he sees a heavily armoured man and a hulking figure, surely half-spirit, heading towards him through the throng (who part easily for the two, but pay them little heed). He quickly recovers himself though and smooths down the front of his coarse silk lashong.

"Vaal Zeshon," he says. "I take it you gentlemen are looking for me?" His eyes scan the gaming floor. "Excuse me, I'm expecting others as well. Drinks while we wait?"
 

Falkus

Villager
Sil the Thief

The short, black furred Tlaxu made her way onto the Catfish, nimbly leaping from boat to boat as she made her way across the harbor; making good use of her agility and, on occasion, her claws to scramble up the wooden sides of a larger ship.

Landing on the the deck of the Catfish, ignoring the various salesman calling out to her from the skiffs surrounding it; she pushed her way through the crowd towards the interior; soon spotting the man in the yellow sash, and making her way over to him.
 

Voda Vosa

Villager
"Indeed. I'm Hang Shemin." Says the armor clad man, puting a fist to his chest, and bowing slightly. "I'm honoured by your invitation, but I have to decline it; business like this are the most serious of events, not to be spoiled by stupefacients."
 

slobster

Villager
Pausing two boats away, Bi crouches to take a few calming breaths. He runs his hands absently through his mop of fine, messy black hair and takes stock of his equipment (such as it is) one last time. The knives are sharp and in their accustomed places, his three coin purses are secreted about his body, and his various other tools are ready to go. With nothing else to justify his pause, he still remains crouched on the boat, looking up at the brightly lit Catfish.

The moment stretches until it becomes clear that Bi is procrastinating. The small fox next to him sits, then stretches its jaws in a wide vulpine yawn. It looks into Bi's eyes and crooks its head to the side, a clear question.

"You're right, you're right", Bi mutters. He takes one last breath, then rises from his crouch. "I'll bring you back some dumplings or something, ok? You just stay out of sight and wait for me to get back."

The fox seems to sigh, then lies down with drooped ears. "Oh don't be worried like that. This is a simple meeting, just to see what the big deal is about this yellow jade. We could be rich! And if there is anything fishy about the whole thing, it's just a meeting. What's risky about a meeting?"

The fox gives him an even, stern gaze, as if to say "now you've done it". Bi chuckles and gives the fox a wink full of all the self-confidence and reassurance he can muster. Then he turns around and leaps to the next boat, then over to the Catfish.

In the sudden onslaught of people and excitement, Bi tries his best to look small and keep from being noticed. He scans the area for any hostile presences (a mostly useless gesture, he knows, he's rubbish at casing an area. This is why a thief needs a crew!) and then catches sight of the man in the yellow sash. With his reservations still nagging at the back of his mind, Bi angles through the crowd to introduce himself to the contact.

He forces an amiable smile onto his young face. "Good day, gentlemen." He bows respectfully to each of the men present. "Bi, at your service."

[sblock=EDIT]Assess the area. I roll a check to assess the area not . . . not what I wrote in the dice roller. :p[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Blue the Spirit-talker

Blue is freshly bathed but is still experiencing a disconnectedness from his extended hosting of Wild Jade Wolf. The feeling is much like he had been breathing yaama smoke, he imagines, and so he stops at one of the skiffs surrounding the Catfish to purchase a bowl of noodles.

Slurping noodles, Blue jumps across to the Catfish and begins winding his way through the crowd looking for the Wheel of Fortune and the man with the yellow sash. Unfortunately, eating again isn't grounding him in the physical realm as much as he expected and he can feel Wild Jade Wolf pressing on him in the spirit's eagerness for him to acquire the yellow jade.

"Back off a bit," mutters Blue earning him a glare from a nearby patron of the Catfish. "Oh, no, I meant..." The man turns away and Blue continues with a shrug.

Spotting the Wheel and a small crowd of men Blue sidles up hoping it is the man he is looking for but dismayed at the number of rivals for the yellow jade. As he presses in closer he steps up next to a tlaxu and is taken by surprise by a surge of emotion from Wild Jade Wolf that causes the hair on the nape of his neck to stand up and prompts the beginnings of a growl. He coughs slopping noodles on the deck and shrugs helplessly.

"Ah, sorry."

[sblock=MiniStats]Blue Eye Bellows[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
He-Mit

The narrow skiff bumping against the Catfish brings He-Mit out of his lethargic state, and he turns a hard stare to the driver. The man moves the skiff to a rope ladder and He-Mit tosses him a silver before starting the short climb up.

Sighing as he scans the deck he dreads one more time coming here. If this yellow jade were not so important he would rather be back in the mountains, even sheep dung smelled sweeter than these retches.

Using his ears more than his eyes he quickly finds the Wheel of Fortune as it spins in the background. Approaching the area, it takes a minute to find the man in the yellow sash as he is currently surrounded by a group of "people".

Wondering just how far out this Vaal reached to find a buyer, He-Mit worries that the boat may not be big enough.

When Vaal notices the man's stare, He-Mit nods his head in a solemn hello, and says. "I am He-Mit of Crossing Way. You must be Vaal Zeshon, the caller of this gathering."
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Vaal Zeshon," he says. "I take it you gentlemen are looking for me?" His eyes scan the gaming floor. "Excuse me, I'm expecting others as well. Drinks while we wait?"
"Malachite." The DaQan nods to Vaal Zeshon, the touch of Thellingerstan clear on his tongue as he speaks. "Tea would be appreciated."

As the others arrive, he sizes them up warily. So many . . . I hope I don't have to kill them to get the Jade.
_______________


[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
 

slobster

Villager
Bi echoes the large, intimidating figure standing next to him and orders a tea. First impressions are important, he thinks. Play it cool. You can't make a fool of yourself by keeping your damn mouth shut.

The seconds stretch interminably, and he begins to scratch behind his ear in a nervous gesture, before he forces his hand down and folds them elegantly over his stomach. He shifts from one foot to the other as the host of this little get together continues to wait serenely, apparently for even more people to arrive. Is everyone here a potential buyer? He glances over at the hulking DaQan, certain that he wouldn't enjoy making him upset. In fact, many of the people in this odd little gathering look like they could make you regret getting the better of them, whether in a game of chance or an auction for a valuable trinket. What am I getting myself into?

Finally the silence and waiting get to him. Patience has never been a strong virtue of his. "Delightful party, Master Vaal. Yet I believe that we were invited here for reasons other than enjoying the tea?" He tips his cup to show its brownish contents to all assembled then sets it down. "I'm afraid this isn't my preferred color. I was in the mood for something a bit more refined. Something . . . yellow, perhaps?" He flashes his best conspiratorial smile and hopes that this will goad the silent man in the sash to reveal why he has gathered everyone here.

[sblock=OOC]
Site maintenance looks to be quieting down, so I wanted to give the thread a bump![/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

Villager
"Master Bi is correct, save us the superfluous and onward to business." Hang declares, his voice is demanding and of stature, obviously not used to be argued with.
 

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
"Of course, of course," says Vaal. He gestures to an empty table nearby. "I've reserved us somewhere to sit," he says as he scans the group. "I think everyone's here. Gentlemen," he inclines his head to Sil, the tlaxu, "and Lady."

At the table, Vaal draws a small ring from his finger, carved from yellow jade, of a serpent swallowing its tail. He places it on the table in front of everyone.

"This is the smallest piece that I have for sale," he says. "There are some other items, but they are... elsewhere, in safe-keeping." He smiles a salesman's smile. "It's geniune, if you'd care to inspect it. The rest will be auctioned in two days time with a reserve price of 20,000 yen [OOC: 200gp]. If you are interested..."

[sblock=OOC]
Aaaannd.... welcome back!

Appraise checks (and possibly Knowledge (arcane)) will help with identification of the jade serpent ring, should you wish to examine it further.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Running Bi]
Bi sizes up the patrons of the Catfish. Most seem intent on their gaming. There are a couple of men near the servery area that seem overly interested in the gathering group.
[/sblock]
 

slobster

Villager
Bi pays very close attention to Vaal, and can't keep his eyebrows from raising at the mention of the trinket's price. His mind, however, is on the men watching them from the corner. As the group relocates to the table, he makes sure to brush past Sil.

"Those men near the servery don't seem to be enjoying themselves much," he whispers as they pass. "What could be distracting them, I wonder?"

He doesn't trust people easily, but he and the tlaxu have had amicable dealings in the past, and shared peril is always a fantastic motivator. Besides, he knows from experience that her eyes and instincts are much sharper than his own.

To Vaal, he nods seriously and puts on his respectable business face. "A tempting product," he says, leaving the ring on the table. The others have a better chance of authenticating it in any case. "How did you chance across such a valuable collection of artifacts?"
 

Falkus

Villager
Sil nodded discreetly at Bil, as he mentioned the onlookers. It might be nothing, but when doing a deal like this; you could never be sure. She resolved to keep one eye on the group, as she studied the yellow jade. Bil had a good eye for trouble; and she'd worked with him in the past. Trusted him as much as she was able to trust anyone.

"It certainly is an impressive piece. If you don't mind?" she said, her hand hovering near it. She'd pick it up, and run her eye over it for a few minutes; trying to gauge its worth, value and whether or not it was genuine.
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Blue follows the other men and women to the table that Vaal has reserved. He watches intently as the tlaxu examines the yellow jade ring. This isn't his area of expertise, in fact, he's rather out of his league in this endeavor but he can feel Wild Jade Wolf pacing in the spirit world and pushing up against his essence as if he would attempt to take over, snatch the ring, and flee with it if it weren't for the guarding presences of Iron Ancestor and White Matoo.

When the tlaxu finishes Blue reaches out to take it. He holds it on his open palm hand trembling a little but quickly returns it to Vaal and sits back in his chair again.

"Beautiful, sir."

He says nothing further, waiting instead to see what the others will do in this examination preliminary to the sale.

[sblock=MiniStats]Blue Eye Bellows[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal goes to the table with the others, seating himself and sipping his tea delicately. He watches in silence as the Tlaxu examines the exquisite ring, followed by the Human, but says nothing and does not reach for the ring himself.

OOC: Rolls were to notice Blue's hand tremors and to interpret them.
_______________


[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Truly an interesting piece," He-Mit says as the ring is passed to him. "I am no shala-dancer,who would know it's worth, your price seems fair to me. But this items seems more than just a decoration."

Handing over to the next potential buyer he asks, "Does it have a story to it?"

OOC: hope you don't mind me making up a few extras: shala-dancer = women who dance with expensive jewelry on and not much else
 
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Community Supporter
[sblock=Sil]
Sil turns the ring in her hands, but apart from being able to tell that it is definitely jade and not imitation, she can make little of the piece.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Hang]
Hang, however, is pretty sure it is the general article, a very old piece of work like most yellow jade is said to be. In fact, the starting price seems low for such an item. Either Vaal is desperate to get rid of it, or he's expecting a serious bidding war. Or both.
[/sblock]

[sblock=He-Mit]
He-Mit recalls that yellow jade is said to always be found in worked form, as if someone (said to be the Lesser Dragon Empire which preceded mankind by millenia) found all the natural yellow jade in the world and carved it. It has properties associated with travel, and items were modified for use in the great Bird Ships of the Empire of Splendour (the last of which sailed over one hundred years ago). This still bears draconic imagery, so is probably an original, unmodified, Lesser Dragon Empire piece.
[/sblock]

"A friend of a friend came by a cache of these," says Vaal. "You'll forgive me if I don't tell you exactly where - there might be more yet to find. As to the provenance, I can tell you that it probably predates the Empire of Splendour."

A serving girl brings tea over for Vaal. He takes a sip and then looks into his cup, confused.

"Wait, this isn't..." he begins, before the cup explodes into shards of earthenware.

A... thing explodes into being in front of him, bursting out of the tea cup. All flailing hairy legs, each tipped with a claw, clustered around a central point but no body. One of the legs spears Vaal through the chest and he drops to the floor.

[sblock=OOC]
Before we start, regarding Mal sizing up Blue, I reckon if GlassEye wants to make Stealth and Bluff rolls against those checks to try to cover up, that would help resolve what Mal is able to tell.

Meanwhile:

Initiative checks, please, plus statements of intent.
Knowledge (nature) if you want any details of this thing.
Any other checks as and when.

He-Mit is currently holding the jade serpent ring.
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top