Pathfinder 1E Merging Pathfinder & Older Edition Forums

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the next week, I plan to merge the Pathfinder and Older Edition forums, unless there's a particularly strong swell of support for keeping them separate. Both are fairly slow forums, but combined they would justify a forum of their own; and Pathfinder and 13th Age both have the same relationship with D&D.

Last edited:

Azgulor

Adventurer
I don't have insight into the costs or other benefits of consolidating the forums but my vote would be not to do it. EN World has already morphed too far towards The Unofficial 5e Forum. This site used to be my #1 RPG site for both news and forums. Now, I check here after I've checked other sites for Pathfinder or Savage Worlds news - and that's mainly out of habit.

The harder it is for me to find content that's relevant, the less likely I am to visit.

Last edited:

GreyLord

Legend
Might not be a huge amount of support for this, but I also agree with Azgulor. Don't combine them. Pathfinder originally was sort of an extension to 3e, but now days it has become it's own thing. I come here mainly for 5e and older editions of AD&D, so I suppose I would have also felt 13th age shouldn't be included there either. I don't really come here for my PF, 13th Age, or other games like that fix.

Instead, I think it may be better if there was an "other games" or "More RPGs" or some sort of forum like that where all the things like 13th age (which I don't really view as a D&D offshoot either, more like it's own thing. Many OSR games would fall into the category of D&D stuff, but they are purposefully trying to copy or homebrew their own version of D&D, whereas things like 13th age takes elements from the creators but is distinctly different or it's own thing. I'd say Pathfinder has morphed into that as well these days).

Edit: On the otherhand, I see how slow this forum is after looking at the posting dates at the top of the forum. Still not in favor of combining PF and the D&D forums in general, but combining it with other games (like 13th age and the like) I probably could get all behind).

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Realistically, this place has never been particularly non-current official edition friendly (since the original point of the site was for new D&D news after all), most fans of those editions have other boards

Guang

Explorer
My own pathfinder stuff is filed under 3.75

So yeah, no problems here. Not familiar enough with 13th age to be comfortable with including it under the same umbrella, though.

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
I was always somewhat confuzzled that PF has its own forum here to begin with.

Since the edition-tag filtering function was added, we can already filter out whatever editions/clones we don't want to see. And presumably anyone who wants a forum dedicated to PF and only PF has a Paizo forum account. So yeah, I'm all for combining.

Remove ads