Messenger System

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The communications going between a character in the Red Dragon and a seperate character in the adventure Troi is currently in intrigues me. Never before in LEW have two characters held a conversation at a distance before, or kept in contact when not in the same place.

Why shouldn't we expand this idea? Why don't we have a messenger system, something similar to a postal service? Adventurers can send messages to one another in two completely seperate places, and hold conversations and plan meetings at the Red Dragon or other locales. They could trade information, ideas, or even (possibly) items.

Now, I haven't completely developed the idea - because it just occurred to me moments before I posted this that this would be an excellent addition to LEW - so I don't have all the details fleshed out. But I think that, with some work, this would work nicely to keep people in touch.

Bront

The man with the probe
Beat me to it!

I was going to draw up the Gnome Express messangering service (They seem to work well, and they need something to do).

El Jefe

First Post
That was totally unexpected and I think it worked out really well.

If' we're going to develop the idea, some things to think about are the time delay to send and receive a reply, gnomes getting paid by the mile, and how characters in the middle of nowhere can be found by a messenger (optional charge locater service?) ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Generaly, I let it go because you were less than half a day away from the city, which seem a fairly quick horse ride away for a fast horse carrying a small passanger. I don't know about huge distances, but for short ones in known regions, I don't see it being a problem.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Bront said:
Beat me to it!

I was going to draw up the Gnome Express messangering service (They seem to work well, and they need something to do).

Heh... fair enough to say that I pretty much ripped the idea off of what you were doing, Bront. :)

If you have a more developed vision than I do, please, go ahead and submit it for approval! I just wanted to put forth the idea, and get people thinking about it.

Bront

The man with the probe
NP, I have no problem working with you on getting it done. We can use this. Once I get some stuff drawn up, I'll post it here, and we can tweek it.

LogicsFate

First Post
Hi everyone! I was just wondering how this would meld with the players multiple characters never being in the same place. I'm assuming that they can't communicate long distance ether?

Remove ads