Military developing real life Grease spell

JoeBlank

Explorer
The military is catching up with fantasy gaming.

"Vanguard Response Systems Inc. has won a $2.5-million contract from the U.S. Marine Corps to develop equipment to spay a slippery gel.

The "Mobility Denial System" will be used to make roads and surfaces so slippery that it will be impossible for mobs and rioters in a confrontation to stand or walk, or drive a vehicle.

Under the terms of the contract, Vanguard will develop two new spray systems, one in backpack or other portable form and another to be mounted on a vehicle.

Its customers include New York City, the RCMP, FBI, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Army and Marines, various fire and police departments and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control. "

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=cp_oddities_home&articleID=1603730

Maldur

First Post
Its customers include New York City, the RCMP, FBI, U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Army and Marines, various fire and police departments and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.

That is one weird list!
fire department? CDC? why would they need a spray?

diaglo

Adventurer
Maldur said:
That is one weird list!
fire department? CDC? why would they need a spray?

CDC is Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...

everyone always forgets the ounce of Prevention part. ;)

Dirigible

Explorer
I'm sure Diaglo is thrilled at the opportunity to play Slip'n'Slide all day long instead of cataloging flu samples :D

Man, the idea of a bunch of ebola patients being slid around like that is... seriously distrubing, come to think of it.

Last edited:

howandwhy99

Adventurer
JoeBlank said:
"Vanguard Response Systems Inc. has won a $2.5-million contract from the U.S. Marine Corps to develop equipment to spay a slippery gel.
At first I thought, "why would Joe be looking at newstories like this one?" But then it hit me. Just imagine the number of insurance claims. ;)

Kemrain

First Post
I hope the stuff isn't flammable, if they're giving it to Fire Departments. That could make for an embarrassing accident.

- Kemrain the Slippery.

frankthedm

First Post
"Make Love, not war" THIS ya hippies!

Covering a crowd with lubricant may not be a fool-proof way to PREVENT diseases from speading... :lol: It will be a good way for protesting college students find to something better to do.

Dirigible said:
Man, the idea of a bunch of ebola patients being slid around like that is... seriously distrubing, come to think of it.

Whats disturbing about that? Outbreaks HAVE to be contained when they happen. Quarrentined carriers of serious infection are lucky if they get non lethal deterrants if they fail to understand thier responability to society.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases