D&D General Monster ENCyclopedia: Tomb of Annihilation

CapnZapp

Legend
Thank you for these posts.

One piece of feedback though: would you consider breaking up your posts in multiple shorter posts?

This post nearly breaks the EN World mobile app, at least on my phone. Halfway through, scrolling becomes sluggish and erratic, probably a combination of a long post and many pictures.

Again, thank you.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Needs tighter editing, but good work, (the al-miraj entry cites a 'Tome of Annihilation' which should be Tomb of Annihilation).
Fixed, thanks. If this series ever gets as far as a collection in print form, I very much agree that a good editor will be needed. I'm good at editing other people's text (part of my day job), but my own writing, not so much :(.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
This post nearly breaks the EN World mobile app, at least on my phone. Halfway through, scrolling becomes sluggish and erratic, probably a combination of a long post and many pictures
Oh goodness, I hadn't give any thought at all to how well this post would work on mobile, mostly because I don't ever visit ENWorld on my phone.

When I start them, I never expect these articles to be quite as long as they end up, but I will keep the size in mind in future. Sorry about the viewing issues!

Jhaelen

First Post
That's a rather weird collection of monsters, alright! I don't think I've ever used any of these in one of my games - mostly due to a quite noticeable degree of silliness.

And who needs Grung when there's Bullywug and Grippli?

Still, it's interesting to read something about their history.

CapnZapp

Legend
Oh goodness, I hadn't give any thought at all to how well this post would work on mobile, mostly because I don't ever visit ENWorld on my phone.

When I start them, I never expect these articles to be quite as long as they end up, but I will keep the size in mind in future. Sorry about the viewing issues!
No worries.

I just have to read it on the computer then.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The zorbo might not have appeared in 3e (even the Tome of Horrors), but there's a 3e conversion from 2003 in the Creature Catalog. Based on the conversion date, I'd guess it's by the original CC crew --- whose earlier conversions became a good chunk of the ToH, I believe.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The zorbo might not have appeared in 3e (even the Tome of Horrors), but there's a 3e conversion from 2003 in the Creature Catalog. Based on the conversion date, I'd guess it's by the original CC crew --- whose earlier conversions became a good chunk of the ToH, I believe.
Yes, that conversion was published March 2003 according to my notes. However, I've struggled to find working links to Creature Catalog version of critters since a few ENWorld upgrades ago, so I didn't include a link in the article.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer

Savnock

Explorer
Once again thank you for your meticulous work and the excellent references. I want to use many of these creatures in 3.5 form, so the references really help. Should I end up converting 3.5 stats for those who do not really have them (mostly just adding Grapple stats to their 3.0 versions and correcting any changes to abilities for the small edition revision), I'll post the material here as a reply.

Related Articles

Visit Our Sponsor

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4