D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #2: The Returned Part 2. One's an odd-looking monstrous amalgamation of goodwill that hates fiends and undead, another's a certain small eight-limbed golden mustelid, and the third's a flying abyssal creature that shoots its tears. All were officially last seen way back in 1993. Can you identify them? ;)
samaritan.png
samaritan 2.png

golden.png
sad.png

Next week, it's 'The Returned Halloween Special!!' It will feature two Lovecraftian-inspired creatures and a very shocking monstrosity. All were last seen almost 20 years ago! You don't want to miss these! :D

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #3: The Returned Part 3. Halloween Special! Coming to the MME3 are two 'Lovecraftian-esque' BBEGs: The Brainstealer Dragon (Dragon #336 2006) and the Deepspawn (Monsters from Faerun 2002)! Also joining them are the Shocker Lizard (MM 3E 2000) and the Spiderstone Golem (City of the Spider Queen 2002)!

Illithidragon.png

Deepspawn.png

Shocker Lizard.png
Spiderstone Golem.png

Next week, and the rest of November, we'll look at some giants! :)

werecorpse

Adventurer
Cool, While I remember the name I don’t have a recollection of what the Opinicus or the Eyewing do, so that will be a nice surprise when I get this.

one reason encouraging me to consider the switch from roll20 to fantasy grounds is so I can stop having to handbuild your expanded monsters. I certainly enjoy the return of some of the older monsters and am especially fond of the expanded CR range of iconic monsters. Having orcs from CR 1/2 to 4 or bugbears from 1-3 or even manticores just at 3 isn’t enough.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Cool, While I remember the name I don’t have a recollection of what the Opinicus or the Eyewing do, so that will be a nice surprise when I get this.

one reason encouraging me to consider the switch from roll20 to fantasy grounds is so I can stop having to handbuild your expanded monsters. I certainly enjoy the return of some of the older monsters and am especially fond of the expanded CR range of iconic monsters. Having orcs from CR 1/2 to 4 or bugbears from 1-3 or even manticores just at 3 isn’t enough.
Yeah, the opinicus and eyewing may be a bit obscure. The opinicus especially. It only appeared in two books (1983 MM2 and 1993 City of Delights). It should make for a good first time NPC encounter. I wanted the opinicus back because of the lack of celestials currently in the game. In fact, I'll be adding more celestials (wait till December).

If you like the humanoids, I think you'll enjoy the number of low CR legendaries (low level BBEGs) I'll be adding, as well as a few more archetypes to round out what particular humanoid groups are still missing. :)

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
I know your monster manuals are available on fantasy grounds but not on roll20. What about on Foundry?
It's currently not available on Foundry. No one has approached me to make a Foundry version and honestly, I'm not very familiar with the platform. I don't think it's a big enough market as there are currently only two Foundry products in the whole of DM's Guild.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #4: For the month of November, we'll look at every DM's favorite humungous bullies - giants! Today we feature the 4 new hill giants included in MME3: The Gladiator, Siege Hulk, Skirmisher, and the Warlock of Grolantor! Next week, we'll show the Fire Giants!
Hill Giants 1.png

Hill Giants 2.png

Remove ads