D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Geez, how is this art this good. I've never wanted or needed a third-party monster book, but this one is pretty close to pushing me over the edge!
I'll add, the most attractive thing to me about this book is that I have a couple of players who own and have read their 5E Monster Manuals... so it's sometimes hard to surprise them.

Having a source of monsters with stats/abilities they don't recognize, plus awesome art they also won't recognize, well that will reignite the "OH no what the heck is THIS THING?!?" in them.
The reason why the author is able to splurge on beautiful, original art for this one is because the first two are just that good, and sold like hotcakes on the DMs Guild. I'm not much on buying 3rd party stuff myself, especially PoD, but this series is definitely worth it. Even if the art in the first two is mostly recycled, the content is more than worth it, in my opinion. And this one of course solves even that issue.

Go and check the first two out on the DMs Guild. There are PDF previews of the first 20 pages of each, so you can see if they are to your liking.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Great artwork and promising reviews on the previous books. Any chance of you getting these converted for Fantasy Grounds? You can still sell them on the Guild. There are several groups that do conversations if interested. Not worth my time to buy the PDF and convert into FG myself, but if you had FG versions available I would buy those in a heartbeat.
The first two MMEs already have FG versions and are available in the DMG. The FG for MME3 should come out within a week or two of release.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #46: Let's take a break from aswangs today and feature some Undead! It's the two Nosferatus: the Alpha and the Master and the classic Druj from the D&D Companion Set! To those who aren't familiar with the Druj, each hand, eye, and head is a separate undead entity!
Nosferatu Alpha.png
Nosferatu Master.png
Druj.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
FYI, if you want to be notified by email as soon as Monster Manual Expanded III becomes available for sale at the DM's Guild, I suggest you follow me on DM's Guild. To do this, make sure you have a DM's Guild account. Then just open any of my product pages in DM's Guild. Navigate to the left side of the page and you should see the section below. Tick Dragonix and you should be set. Each time I release a new book, you'll get notified. You can do the same for any DM's Guild author you may want to follow.

Follow Dragonix.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
@Nixlord , perhaps you have mentioned it and I missed or don't remember (and now the thread is to long), what is will the PDF cost be?
Good question. No, I have not mentioned it yet as we are still deciding on the final price, depending on the market. But we should announce it within the next 2 weeks.

However, I can give you an idea of how much it will cost. First, let me explain. Right now, the top 15 books (not counting the MMEs) in the DM's Guild average around 23 cents a page and around 134 pages per book, or around $24 per book.

Monster Manual Expanded III will have around 290 pages. If we follow that computation, then we should price MME3 at around $66!
But we won't, we will have the pdf's price between $32.99 to $39.99. Even at 39.99, MME3 comes around 14 cents a page, and that's with original premium artwork on every other page and with every non-template statblock represented by art. As far as I know, no other DM's Guild book has done that yet.

Good question. No, I have not mentioned it yet as we are still deciding on the final price, depending on the market. But we should announce it within the next 2 weeks.

However, I can give you an idea of how much it will cost. First, let me explain. Right now, the top 15 books (not counting the MMEs) in the DM's Guild average around 23 cents a page and around 134 pages per book, or around $24 per book.

Monster Manual Expanded III will have around 290 pages. If we follow that computation, then we should price MME3 at around $66!
But we won't, we will have the pdf's price between $32.99 to $39.99. Even at 39.99, MME3 comes around 14 cents a page, and that's with original premium artwork on every other page and with every non-template statblock represented by art. As far as I know, no other DM's Guild book has done that yet.

Do you have a good idea on how long we'll have between the PDF release and the option for PoD? I assume it will be a few weeks/months...

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Do you have a good idea on how long we'll have between the PDF release and the option for PoD? I assume it will be a few weeks/months...

Yes, the earliest would be around October. The latest would be November. As I mentioned before, we want at least 2 months after release to catch all typos and errors that consumers might report. I already employed 3 editors to review the book (ongoing) but it might not be enough so we just want to be sure because DMG might not allow us to have the book edited once it's released.

The process of prepping the print-on-demand version will take another month or two.

The other reason is for that wait time is I want to be sure there's no overlap with the unannounced book that's coming out in October. It might include a bestiary and that allows me to edit the contents of MME3 if there should be a similar creature.

Remove ads