D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #9: We continue the 'good guys' December previews with the return of the Guardinals, the celestials from Elysium and the House of Nature, last seen in 3rd edition (2003) - the Avoral, Cerdival, Equinal, Lupinal, Leonal, Musteval, and the Ursinal!
Guardinals 1.png
Guardinals 2.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #11: Surprise! It's not Friday yet but I figure I should sneak this set in the middle of the week as they fit the 'Merry Yuletide' theme.. a little Xmas gift so to speak. They are Santa's little helpers - the young Eladrin (low CR). Ok, maybe they aren't, and also not technically 'good,' but they're elves, so close enough! Don't worry, I still have something 'glorious' coming this Friday!
Young Autumn Eladrin.png
Young Spring Eladrin.png

Young Summer Eladrin.png
Young Winter Eladrin.png

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #12: Continuing with the 'Good Guys Yuletide theme,' I promised something 'glorious,' for the last of the series and its Archons we have heard on high! These will have low and high CR versions and should give DMs a nice new batch of new celestials to use. Next week, on New Years', we go dark! Really dark!
Archons 1.png

Archons 2.png

Art in D&D books has historically seen some highs, but also a lot of lows. I play a lot of 3rd Edition, and some of the art in those books is pretty poor, and often drawn by people who can't really drawn proportions and poses well.

This however is some of the best art for D&D I have seen. Thanks for sharing. Not only are these drawn really well, but they are consistent in style, high quality, good composition and very colorful.

Amazing artwork as always, and of course I'm always glad to see more celestials!

I recognize most of them right off (Hound, Owl, and Trumpet in the top, Warden, Sword, and Throne in the bottom). I'm guessing the little ball of light with the ornate metalwork floating around it is a lantern archon? And the red-haired and -winged archon (whose artwork is just amazing) in the center of the first illustration is a justice archon?

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Amazing artwork as always, and of course I'm always glad to see more celestials!

I recognize most of them right off (Hound, Owl, and Trumpet in the top, Warden, Sword, and Throne in the bottom). I'm guessing the little ball of light with the ornate metalwork floating around it is a lantern archon? And the red-haired and -winged archon (whose artwork is just amazing) in the center of the first illustration is a justice archon?
All correct! :)

Remove ads