D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

I am so disappointed with 5E monsters that I would rather convert monsters from 1E and 2E myself. Although I love 5E in general. Monsters is not one of the things I like about the system.
Agreed. 5E monster design is a massive step back from 4E. For the most part, they are just a dull bag of HP, an axe and an AC of 8+1d6.

dave2008

Legend
I am so disappointed with 5E monsters that I would rather convert monsters from 1E and 2E myself. Although I love 5E in general. Monsters is not one of the things I like about the system.

Agreed. 5E monster design is a massive step back from 4E. For the most part, they are just a dull bag of HP, an axe and an AC of 8+1d6.
While I find this to be a massive over simplification of 5e monsters (really even of the MM monsters which are the least interesting) since there are a lot of interesting monsters and some better designs than their 4e counterparts. It is also not an issue with 5e, but how some particular monsters were designed. Regardless, that leaves an opening for things like MM Expanded, or if you just want some free monsters with more interesting stat blocks you can always use these: 5e Updates: Monstrous Compendium

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded III Art Previews #30: We continue with more classic plants from the 1st/2nd edition! This week, it's the rock-shooting tree monster Noran and the spell-stealing, body-copying moss creature Obliviax!
Plant Noran.png
Plant Obliviax.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases