D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

dave2008

Legend
The art looks amazing. Ever thought of Kickstarting a book? I will probably get this book but overall I avoid POD through Lightning Source because I find the quality so average. Not just the binding but the paper, color brightness etc.
You can't use WotC (D&D) IP and/or DMsGuild with Kickstarter. And all of their other books have been on DMsGuild, so I don't think a KS is likely.

You can't use WotC (D&D) IP and/or DMsGuild with Kickstarter. And all of their other books have been on DMsGuild, so I don't think a KS is likely.
I am not saying it is likely, just curious. While I understand what you are saying, it would be pretty easy with this art to make a great monster book without using their IP. Like I said I am probably going to get this but overall I seldom buy POD books through Lightning Source.

ASHouser

Villager
There are a few more dragons I haven't shared yet, but unfortunately, they are not on your list. I had to hold back because each dragon took 3-4 pages and I didn't want MME3 to be overloaded with too much of them. Plus, there's a rumor of a new draconomicon-style book that might come out later this year. However, if that isn't the case, I can still add some of them in MME4.

Again, though, I am pretty sure you should have plenty of new dragons to play around with until then. ;) The remaining ones yet to be shared are quite deadly. :)
I'm always down for dragons XD, still excited by what's been shown so far, and what's yet to be shown.

dave2008

Legend
I am not saying it is likely, just curious. While I understand what you are saying, it would be pretty easy with this art to make a great monster book without using their IP. Like I said I am probably going to get this but overall I seldom buy POD books through Lightning Source.
I generally don't buy books at all, mostly digital these days, but I have heard good things from the people who have gotten MME 1 & 2.

Maybe you could ask @SPECTRE666 about the quality, they just got their books on April 30th.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
The art looks amazing. Ever thought of Kickstarting a book? I will probably get this book but overall I avoid POD through Lightning Source because I find the quality so average. Not just the binding but the paper, color brightness etc.

Yes, many times. This is something I plan to do maybe after MME 4 and maybe 1-2 other books. Right now, I want to continue building my brand first through DM's Guild. But yes, that's the goal.

Books are excellent. Worth the money.

My only complaint is that the corners of the covers were slightly dinged during shipping.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!
I have copies and would say the quality equals the WotC books, at least.
I think the quality is okay. Some of the images look like the resolution wasn't just right for printing. Not a major issue, but noticeable.
In no way do the $60 MMEs reach the quality of WotC's $50 books. This is not bashing the MMEs. It's just fact. And okay. I'm very pleased I got them - to flick through the hardcovers is just so much better than pdf.
I will buy the MMIII when it has been available a while to iron out most errata and when Drivethru/DM's Guild get their act together and set up an EU based printer.

dave2008

Legend
I think the quality is okay. Some of the images look like the resolution wasn't just right for printing. Not a major issue, but noticeable.
In no way do the $60 MMEs reach the quality of WotC's $50 books. This is not bashing the MMEs. It's just fact. And okay. I'm very pleased I got them - to flick through the hardcovers is just so much better than pdf.
I will buy the MMIII when it has been available a while to iron out most errata and when Drivethru/DM's Guild get their act together and set up an EU based printer.
Just curious are you saying the print / book quality is inferior or just the graphics / layout etc.?

The origin of this line of question was someone suggesting the print quality form DMsGuild was inferior, it had nothing to do with the MME itself.

I ask because I don't know - I am pretty much digital only these days.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases