D&D 5E Monster Menagerie II Clue for Next Adventure?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The Case Incentive for Monster Menagerie I (release date Jan 30) includes Ezmerelda's Wagon.
IMG_0159.JPG
http://wizkids.com/dd-icons-of-the-realms-monster-menagerie-ii/

Does this mean hint that the next adventure returns us to Ravenloft?

Last edited:

JRedmond

Explorer
Trying to read the side of the box, looks like Half Orc Barbarian, White Dragon Wyrmling, Beholder, Mind Flayer, Iron Golem, something black dragon. I can't read the others. I don't think they'll do another Ravello ft adventure, I think they're just adding that because CoS was popular. Previously they've added figures for older sets granted this is the case exclusive. I'm thinking something with Beholder or Mind Flayer related. Can anyone read the other figurines on the aide of the box?

Oh effballs, I want that so hard. That is pure awesome.
Doubt I can justify getting a case though. Hopefully my favourite mini single retailer will have lots.

Anyhoo, I doubt it means anything from them regarding the Spring release. The minis come out four months prior to that adventure, and are likely just capitalizing on the name for an otherwise generic camp.
Plus, they need to design and plan lists of miniatures a good year in advance, and they had no way of knowing if Strahd and Ravenloft would be well received in January 2015. They might not have even locked in the Spring 2017 adventure that far in advance.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I have to agree, probably not Ravenloft again.
The text over on the WotC site mentions Mind Flayer, Androsphinx, and Iron Golem.

Edit: removed comment about beholder. Side of package shows beholder figure.

Last edited:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
Or stand toe to toe with the powerful Iron Golem, knowing no ambitions, needing no sustenance, feeling no pain, and having no remorse.

"It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases