Level Up (A5E) Mystical liminality in adventuring

In my game tonight, the party went to a lake where if you dive down, you pass through a portal to the fey realm of the Dreaming, and then emerge from the surface of a lake there. The bad guys were besieging the lake because rebels were hiding on the fey side, and they had a lot of guns pointed at it, so the PCs were afraid of being spotted sneaking in.

They're 8th level, so they've got a lot of tricks. Their idea was to have the druid's elk companion (from find steed, which he can communicate with telepathically) run into the lake, since it would be less suspicious than people. When it got to the fey side, it would tell the druid what it saw.

That worked well enough, and the elk even met up with some rebels hiding on the banks of the fey side of the lake. But the problem was that the elk, while smart enough to nod or shake its head, couldn't ask its own questions.

After much brainstorming by the party, the druid asked if the elk saw any satyrs, sprites, or blink dogs. I said yeah, there's a satyr helping the rebels out.

So the druid is going to cast Conjure Woodland Beings | Level Up and just summon that satyr over to their side of reality, ask all the questions they want, then dismiss the spell so the satyr can take a message back. This way the PCs and the rebels can plan how to break the siege by cooperating in both dimensions.

I love this stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases