Need a powergaming TWF Rogue build

Ganondalf

First Post
So this is my first dnd game (only one other player is experienced) and I'm still learning the ropes. I need a beastly rogue build for two weapon fighting. Here is our campaign so far:

·Very evil campaign
·VERY combat oriented. Some story and lore but we are mostly focused on combat
·Party makeup: cleric, fighter (tank), archer spec ranger, and a glass cannon fighter.

My character is a rogue lv6 (ready to level up) and ive taken two weapon fighting and weapon finesse. Im looking for a good prestige class to help make me do tons of damage and /or be a sneaky shadowy killer type character. So far I think shadowdancer and assassin are two potential options.

Anyone have any suggestions for prestige classes or builds? Thanks!

Is there anything else you can tell us about your character? Race, Background, motivations, concept, etc? What materials are you allowed to use? What are you primarily fighting if this is a hack n slash game? Having a ton of sneak attack dice won't matter if you're fighting primarily undead.

If you're just looking for Sneak Attack and hiding, then you can just stick with rogue. Max hide and move silently.

If you're looking for an evil assassin type character, Black Flame Zealot (Complete Divine) has some great lore/flavor to it. However the pre-reqs are rough since you need to either burn a feat on Kukri proficiency or pick up a third class.

Nightsong Enforcer (Complete Adventurer) is a good staple for melee rogues.

Streetfighter (Complete Adventurer) would be good for a thug/criminal type of character.

Otherwise, I'd say that it would be better to have lower Sneak Attack total with a better to hit than trying to roll a huge fistful of d6's with a low to hit.

Ganondalf

First Post
I was just checking out the nightsong classes actually. They look pretty cool.

My character is a half elf rogue who was formally trained in a guild of thieves. He is very focused on stealth based skills, sneak attacks, and persuasion.

Our campaign is very combat oriented. So far weve fought mostly goblins, orcs, necromancers, human paladin knights, and the occasional undead.

As far as source material just about everything is legal in our game.

I'm really looking for ideas to build my character to be a beast with two weapon fighting and sneak attacks. Ive seen skills like shadow walk and shadow pounce that seem right up my characters alley.

Last edited:

Remove ads