New: Confusion over PSI vs power points

I am not really tracking how psionic powers work with regard to PSI costs and boosts.

Correct me if I am off track on this: I have a PSI attribute of 10, which gives me 100 power points and a 4D6 dice pool.

New said:
Biofeedback (requires PSI 4). You psychically harden your skin, gaining SOAK 1 +1 per PSI until your next turn.

I spend an action, spend 4 power points and gain SOAK 11 {1 base + 10 PSI stat}. Next turn I can spend another action to maintain this.
Can I pump more power points to increase the SOAK provided? Drop 54 points to gain SOAK of 61 for one turn?

Question; out of combat power usage:

New said:
Precognition (requires PSI 4). Your natural precognition gives you a +1d6 per 4 PSI bonus to INITIATIVE checks as well as checks to access the ambush turn.

Is this a once per day thing, or does the Precog benefit end when you roll Init?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I am not really tracking how psionic powers work with regard to PSI costs and boosts.

Correct me if I am off track on this: I have a PSI attribute of 10, which gives me 100 power points and a 4D6 dice pool.

I spend an action, spend 4 power points and gain SOAK 11 {1 base + 10 PSI stat}. Next turn I can spend another action to maintain this.

No, you spend 4 power points and gain SOAK 5 (1 base plus + 4 spent). Where it says "per PSI" that means "per PSI power point spent". A few people have asked that, so I think I'll come up with a new term to avoid confusion.

Can I pump more power points to increase the SOAK provided? Drop 54 points to gain SOAK of 61 for one turn?

Couple of errata following:

54 points would get you a lot of SOAK briefly, yeah. Wouldn't last long, though!

Though you can't spend more than your PSI attribute on any single power, so you'd need PSI 54 to do that. Looking at the book, it seems that line's not there.

Question; out of combat power usage:

Is this a once per day thing, or does the Precog benefit end when you roll Init?

That one was asked in another thread - minor errata. It doesn't take an action - you just spend the points when you roll INIT. +1d6 if you spend 4 points, +2d6 if you spend 8, etc.

Last edited:

Okay, that does make more sense and the missing line is a tad bit important!

I would recommend rewriting the power block with a 'BASE' and 'BOOST' entry to help with clarity, something like:

Biofeedback (Base 4). You spend an action and psychically harden your skin, gaining SOAK 5 until your next turn. Boost: +1 SOAK per additional point spent.

Precognition (Base 4). Your natural precognition gives you a +1d6 bonus to INITIATIVE checks as well as checks to access the ambush turn. You may activate this power without an action when initiative is called for. Boost: +1D6 to Initiative per additional 4 points spent.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's the psi-scram helmet, but that's all. I do want to write a bunch of new psionic stuff at some point.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases